[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

the dreaded id question

Bookmark and Share
    roadcrew - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default the dreaded id question

ok im new here, and i like this site. lots of info and nice people. keep up the great work. ok, on with it. i have a 37g. one actintic, one f18t8 4700k?flourescent. protien skimmer. penguin 550 biowheel. various mushrooms, some cabbage leather, stubby finger coral, zoos, feather dusters,pink tip hatian anenome. 2 hermit crabs, snails(one turbo and one astrea, had more but the hermits got hungry) couple damsels(velvet, negro,and the guy shown cant remember what he is)and a pygmy angel.also some dying gornopora(bad mistake, not enough light). i have plans to upgrade lighting when my top is finally made. either pc or mh. all my perameters are good.(my g/f is jealous of how much time i put in to my tank and not her, but we all know that right?) im having trouble identifing the pink coral on the right of this pic. it looks like this most all the time. i was thinking carnation coral but all the pics i find dont look the same, ive never seen mine get frilly. any ideas? questions? i put my finger over the flash on purpose btw.
    thanks
    randy

Default some more pics

a side pic and my anonome

dsfdbutterfly - Reefkeeper Registered User

Is there any way you can get an up close pic like the other two that you took? There's no way for an id with the first pic at least from my view.
    When you make a mistake look for the lesson to be learned and try not to repeat it.

sure but i gotta dl from my home computer. will post soon. any other guesses?

here are better pics of the mystery coral

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Possibly Lobophyllia,Sinularia,tough to say without a good closeup pic.It does appear to be a leather type coral.Common name is Cabbage coral.Can you describe its feel(slimey,leathery,etc..) when you touch it.Also,do the polyps retract?

thanks davejnz. the sinulara looks more like it. i thought cabbage coral looked more like the one to the left of it(below on the side pic). but then again im not the expert. hehe

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

i have to agree with dave on this one. and with you on the cabbage leather. from what i can see of the "cabbage" in your pic, it looks just like mine.

Bobby