[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Help with ID and Nice Pics

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Default Help with ID and Nice Pics

e1fc4c09 - Help with ID and Nice Pics

What is the coral to the left? I was told not to put it to close to the light, that infact it doesnt like alot of light.

My tank "buddies"

6e19f293 - Help with ID and Nice Pics

Nemo

24a4666d - Help with ID and Nice Pics

Full Shot
    37f48164 - Help with ID and Nice Pics
    55 Gallon. One year old, and looking SUPER.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

the coral on the left is a pink montipora digitata, they are demanding of light I would put it up highin the tank with moderate to heavy flow.

beautiful clam too. I would get him on a rock so he can attach and be happy!!

Gret pics
    fulltankshot 1 - Help with ID and Nice Pics

Quote Originally Posted by graphixx22
    the coral on the left is a pink montipora digitata, they are demanding of light I would put it up highin the tank with moderate to heavy flow.

beautiful clam too. I would get him on a rock so he can attach and be happy!!

Gret pics
    I was recommended to put him in the sand by a clam "fanatic" he has around 4 or 5 in total between 3 tanks. Are you sure about the coral? Cause I heard the opposite saying it doesnt like light?! I agree I think its really weird, but I'll throw it up on top then.

First Name
    Greg

most all sps corals are very light demanding!!! what kind of light do you have in the tank???? I have mine under 10k and 14K MH lighting high in the tank and they LOVE it.

and as for the clam you want a firm surface underneath him so he can attach his byssal and stay put and upriite.

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

The coral could definitely be a digi... a really nice one if the colors weren't "enhanced". However, with the color, I would believe it to be a blunt type of bird's nest(stylophora, I believe). Can you get a closer pic of the polyps??? As for the clam, looks like you have intense lighting so either placement will do... whatever you do, IMO, set him on a rock that he won't be able to rock himself out of. If that coral is claimed to be a low light demander, I would also veer to believe it to be a montipora digi as Greg suggests... but the color suggests otherwise.

Jason
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

First Name
    Greg

Jay, as for the bluntness, that is why I guess the digi if were sharper pointed then yeah i would of totally said birds nest, but any way awesome color

I'd lean toward digit too, but then again, I'm a moron. All the birdsnests that I've seen (used to have one too, but it passed on to the great reef) have very separated "branches" not the clusters/clumps of branches like that one.

Then again, you could always revert to the moron thing again.
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

Better pics tonight!

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Let's throw another possibility to the mix until we can see some close up pics, though lacking the usual uniform growth patterns, the blunt ends and coloring suggests a pocilipora (aka cats paw) to me.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

First Name
    Greg

sheesh thanks Dave, just when we had it narrowed down to 2 you go and pull a cats paw out of no where!!! Dang you!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last