[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Help me identify please????

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    CR Member

Default Help me identify please????

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ok i have these little minny feather duster or maybe hydra things growing on my live rock...i also have these little green clear bubble things..they are hard when i touch them so i have no clue. please help me out. Also what type of coral does it look like i have?? and i bought it for $2 extra cause the guy at the aquatic store thought it was going to die. is there any way i can save it? what should i do with the hydra things, coral and the wierd bubble things?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG style="WIDTH: 231px; HEIGHT: 110px" height=499 src="http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/8339/coral7qq.jpg" width=502#ed_cl# #ed_op#IMG style="WIDTH: 316px; HEIGHT: 206px" height=298 src="http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6696/hydraandwierdthing8pe.jpg" width=440#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG style="WIDTH: 251px; HEIGHT: 199px" height=285 src="http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3271/weirdthing11es.jpg" width=355#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG style="WIDTH: 329px; HEIGHT: 238px" height=296 src="http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/335/hydra7us.jpg" width=394#ed_cl# #ed_op#IMG style="WIDTH: 327px; HEIGHT: 237px" height=287 src="http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4103/hydraandwierdthing20bv.jpg" width=375#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well being that I dotn know what Hydra are, and to me they look like very small feather dusters im gona go with the dusters, and the green bubles in bubble algae, I may be wrong but I've been told to remove them and dont let the burst, If what I was told is right than they hold nitrates and well give you a small nitrate spike, But I would wait for someone else more experanced to explain those to yeah!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

Hydra are pretty small I beleive the last one I saw was with a magnafing glass or microscope
    check this girl out she is a great singer

http://myspace.com/nicolejamesmusic

zoo-a-holic - Reefkeeper CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ok. I dont think they are hydra. They look like a small stick polyp. Also the green balls are bubble alge. They are BAD. Hydra are more of a red mound, not sticks. Hope this helped.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wait for some one more experianced to give you a more deffinite answer!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also believe that the "coral" is a fine finger leather. It is hard to tell cause the pic is streched out but its that or a devils hand.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

your coral is a finger coral. and your feather dusters are fine they will sprout up. my tank is covered in them, my copperband loves them and the green thing is bubble algae those are something you want to try and avoid popping if you do they release into the water and they will spread quite quickly. just keep an eye on them I had them and they took care of them selves.
    fulltankshot 1 - Help me identify please????

CR Member

Default green alage

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#so what should i do with the green alage balls? i mean how should i remove them without letting them pop? should i take the rock out of the tank and remove them with like a knif? The only problem is that my coral is connected to the rock. Or should i just let them be? what will make them go away?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Keep your eye one them, they might multiply but alot of the time they will just dissapear!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

CR Member

Default ok

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well what do i do if they multiply?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last