[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

need coral ID

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default need coral ID

I got this as a freebie and I'm not sure what it is. The LFS said it was a red mushroom.....I knew it wasn't. It's a LPS of some kind. The pic does it no justice. It is very red with a bright green mouth. There is a baby on the other side of the rock.

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

looks like a red mushroom with a green mouth to me ... but i am no expert ... but it still looks like a red mushroom with a green mouth to me. could be a ricordia yuma from Indonesia or a Discosoma sp. from Indonesia. need a clear pic for positive ID.

No this is on a hard coral skeleton. (like a candy cane / trumpet coral) Any other ideas?

RWalston - Reefkeeper CR Member

Blasto wellsi

RWalston - Reefkeeper CR Member

FishTank2 1 06007 - need coral ID

PurpleAardvark - Reefkeeper CR Member

Congradulations is a blasto. To see if is a boy or girl you must turn the coral inside out. Alright sorry bad baby joke. It is a blasto though, i have the same coral. Can't get the pics small enough in size to post on this site. Give the blasto. some time and it will turn even more red. If you have alot of light like MH than shield it a bit in a cave it will color better. As for the baby joke it is better than : What is the difference between a truck full of bowling balls and a tuck full of dead babies? ......

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

yep, blasto wellsi, nice one at that!!!!
    fulltankshot 1 - need coral ID

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Blastomussa wellsi for sure,they're slow growers and do best in low-light/ low-mod current IME.Nice find,they sell for about $20 a polyp around here.

Thanks! I should have known that one since I've seen them before. Right now it is under 192 w (Power compact) I had it in my reef tank but I think the 3-250w MHs were too much for it so I moved it to another tank with less light. Do they sting? It is my sea horse tank right now, but I have the sea horses back in QT so there is no danger to them. ( if it stings I will move it to yet another tank before the Sea horses get returned to their tank)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last