[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Please help identify

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

aaaahhhh those look like mushrooms or a ricordea, that is cool, keep an eye on them and they should grow on you that is a good find
    fulltankshot 1 - Please help identify

It must have been under that rock for the last week or so.
    I looked around for pictures of ricordea and was pretty amazed. I wonder what this one will look like when it gets larger. Anything special you think I should do for it? Will it attach itself to something?

First Name
    Greg

I am not sure but keep us posted, it may be a shroom too, hard to see what it is its pretty shrunken up but just keep it in the light and should be fine

I have no idea what's in your first set of pics, it could be aiptasia, it COULD also be a FLOWER/ROCK ANEMONE, we have one that hitchhiked in on some LR rubble, and EVERY ONE told us "It's AIPTASIA, KILL IT NOW" Let it grow some, just keep a VERY close eye on it, it may turn out to be something worth having. :-)

Your second set of pics however, DEFINITELY looks like SOME kind of unattached mushroom. Try placing it in a low flow area against some rock, where there is plenty of light, it will get healthier and eventually attach itself. Might wanna try to see if it will eat as well. Good Luck, and Happy New Year!
    Brianna

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Gorilla Crab

Here's a good picture of the nasty "Gorilla Crab". I know because I have one. How did I figure it out? The munch on things like my brittle star...darn it all. Soon as I can catch him, he's gonna meet the tidy bowl man!! Asta-la-vista Babeeee!!! ......Angel

2k1f7de11b33 - Please help identify
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

Default Looks like a Green Mushroom

I blew up your pictures and it looks like you have a little "green" mushroom. That's my best guess anyway. Here are the photo's enhanced in Photoshop7. That's a sweet little hitchhiker. It may shock you one day once it's acclimated. It may be much bigger fully opened! Congratulations Welcome Aboard to Captive Reefing! ......Angel

2k9a352622d0 - Please help identify

2ka59e9e034e - Please help identify
    Owner/Administrator

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

Default Another one!

Oh cool!! You found another shroom... I think! This one has some pretty colors when looking at it in PS.
    Basically, you have about a $20 gift from your LFS! GREAT! .....Angel

2k3a4b6dcffb - Please help identify
    Owner/Administrator

~*

When I was at my LFS the other day I saw a tiny little thing just like that rolling around in the current in the bottom of a frag tank. I asked the guy what it was, and he told me a baby shroom!

That's cool you got one the way you did! Let us know when he pics a spot for his new home (pics required, of course, lol)!
    ~Tracy~

Thanks for all the investigative work on those pix! Learing about this stuff is just as much fun as buying and watching it! I figured I'd be watching a couple rocks for a month. I don't think what I have is a gorilla crab. I didn't notice the bristley looking hair on it, the claws also looked more rounded. It is really small and likes to hide inside the tunnels in the rock. So I haven't seen it much.

Here is a new picture where the shroom has tucked itself up next to a rock where the current and some light are blocked by the rock.Thing10 - Please help identify

First Name
    Greg

that looks like a good little spot for him. he should attach and start to grow now

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last