[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

What is in the circle?

Bookmark and Share

Default What is in the circle?

Could it be a type of bubble algae or some type of coral. I have heard of a grape coral.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]55 gallon HOT Magnum 250 Emperor 400 HOT Excaliber skimmer current orbit 4x65 with moonlighting 3 Maxi-Jet 900 powerheads

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

It appears to be bubble algae to me bud.
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Possibly cyano w/ bubbles forming inside, causing the rising appearance... my idea suggestion is to hit it with direct waterflow and see if it "blows away". If not, could be a type of calcarious bubble algea.
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

CR Member
    First Name
    Steven

It is possible that it is also some sort of marcoalgae. It is hard to say at this point.

I did redirect waterflow it did move....bubble algae? What to do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]55 gallon HOT Magnum 250 Emperor 400 HOT Excaliber skimmer current orbit 4x65 with moonlighting 3 Maxi-Jet 900 powerheads

JustDavidP - Reefkeeper CR Member

What not to do... Pop it IF it is valonia, and you can remove the rock from the system, do that and remove the bubble with tweezers or scrape it off, try not to pop it and get the "innards" on the rock. Rinse the rock in salt water and put it back in the system.

If it is a macro of sorts...enjoy it..unless it gets out of control. More pics?

Dave

OOOH... and hey...Pro... welcome aboard

Dave
    ><((((

CR Member
    First Name
    Steven

Hello David. How's are the seahorses doing?

JustDavidP - Reefkeeper CR Member

Steven,

Doing very well! The two pair are still strong and healthy. I'm a bit concerned as this will be their 3rd winter in New England. They aren't "youngins" anymore. I'm not so sure if I'm prepared to lose any of them. They are as much a part of the family as my Australian Shepherd!!

I had a busy summer and didn't raise any fry. However, with the frost on the pumpkin' in New England, I've sparked up the kreisels, began my cultures (to include various pod cultures now...another article for you to review? ) and will be raising fry again.

The last of the babes was sold off in the fall and allowed me to take my family to Cooperstown, NY (Baseball hall of fame - Got to see Ozzie Smith coach the Hall of Fame game and even saw George Brett pitch!! Yeah..pitch) for a three day weekend! Not only did I have the opportunity to go away, without feeding all those mouths, but the income offset the cost of the trip! Yahoooo!!

I've also started the process of building a new display for the ponies. It's an acrylic 34X24X24 display. More room for play, more room for macro and other fun stuff.

Finally, I've built and am starting a new clam tank this month. Since taking down my 75G reef, I've been uber depressed. I need to get back into things again..it is my distraction, my own organic valium of sorts

Again, glad to see you here my friend..be well.. be salty.. and I'm looking forward (as always) to your spreading your wealth of information with the masses.

Dave
    ><((((

Quote Originally Posted by JustDavidP View Post
    ..it is my distraction, my own organic valium of sorts

I couldnt agree more. If anything is going wrong that day, I just plop down in front of my tank and all my cares go away.

greg97527 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

red bubble algae, i personally leave it as it doesn't seem to be as invasive as the green bubble but do not pop it what so ever. If it gets out of control do exactly what everyone else has said, remove it carefully. Also, watch your crabs as my emerald likes to crawl up next to it and pinch it open, the little ******* lol