[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Z & P ID's

Bookmark and Share
    CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

Default Z & P ID's

I've searched everywhere for ID's on these three, with no luck. I'm hoping one of the resident Zoa gurus can help me stick a moniker on these...

1) This has become one of my favorites, it's colors are metallic and it's about the size of a dime.
    Unkn Paly - Z & P ID's

2) This one morphs as the polyps reach full size - The center changes from solid blue, to a red/blue blend.
    Ukn Zoa - Z & P ID's

3) Sorry - Not a great photo of this one, the center is baby blue with a bright pink fringe.
    Unkn Zoa 2 - Z & P ID's

Thanks for your help!

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

They are awesome! Not sure about the ID though...the second ones might be flamming hornets (looks like the "Japanese deep water" zoass that were coming in a lot last year. To be sure, I would need a sample for closer observation.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

^ I agree w/ the second pic being a Japanese deepwater.

#3rd pic looks like a polyp out of Hawaii- has become semi common (as a polyp can get out of hawaii). Not sure if a name has been given to it yet- will look into it. Fuly open pic will be the only way to be 100%, but think I know what his polyp is already.

First one...I havnt got a clue....a description of placment and lighting will help with that one. A pic in strait 10k lighting vs. the pic will help alot too. A comparison will probly be very helpfull for ID on that polyp.

Will get back soon!
    Last edited by Sir Patrick; 03-27-2010 at 02:38 PM.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

http://thecoralvault.com/vault/categ...eds-watermelon
    blue with pink skirts
    Palythoa of Justice: Crazy Ricks Online
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

Thumbs up And the answers are...

Thank you everyone. I got a few different replies,

On the first Paly there were numerous different suggestions - Terple Terrors, Bloodshots, True Watermelons from Richard Negret, Japanese Deepwaters, Strawberry Wines, Lotus Eaters (a Caribbean morph) and Cornbred's Watermelons...Many were very similar, but I agree with ReeferRob and think they are Cornbred's Watermelons.

On the second Zoa, the consensus was Emeralds on Fire, (Thank you Bongo Shrimp) to which I agree although these might be morphed a bit with the changing color center and more metallic fringe.

The third generated two responses, Palythoa of Justice branded by Crazy Ricks and Sweet Dreams (Thanks again Bongo Shrimp.)

Thanks to everyone for helping me reference these!

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Sweet dreams- yup thats it- Its a hawaiian polyp for sure!