[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Bubble coral

Bookmark and Share

Default Bubble coral

I got this bubble coral and the first night it opened up really huge with really long tentacles-- everyday the bubbles open up really full but every night since the first night the tentacles have not come out-- It's been about 7 days-- Are the tentacles supposed to come out every night or only when it's hungry or what?

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

It will extend it's feeder tentacles when it's searching the water column for food. It may extend them when you're not looking!
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

sounds good to me-- :D

Bubble coral is a really nice coral! Congrats! :clap1: But you might want to make sure of where you place it!
    1.. they are one of the strongest stingers out there! Our's took out 2 of the Torch's heads when the urchin was on a redecorating binge :sad1:
    2.. Bubbles can get down right enormous! and they will spread to the surounding rock! When they do you can't move them! You risk tearing the bubbles and this just invites all manner of nasties! Ours has permently anchored himself and takes up so much room! We have problems placing other corals because of his size! (refer to pic of MR Bubble)!
    The bubbles "deflating" is normal.. not to worry! They a little "jeckle & hyde" Bubble by day .. tenticals by night!. As far as feeding him..some ppl do, we don't our's just seems to "spit out" everything we have given him.. clam..shrimp..ect. They don't like strong flow, blows them around to much. They do like light but MH is not nessisary. Our's grew great under VHO's.. he was a real rescue.. one lonely bubble!!! Now well we call him the "fish eating rock" :toothy8:
    Hope that helps ya some!!
    sarah
    Hi my name is sarah, and I've got the Upgrade Bug!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!!!

CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have one that seems to be in a strong current area (below flow box). He isn't happy I do not think. Any suggestions? I cannot move the flow box it is permenantly fixed to the tank. There is not any where else I can put it as high. It's only other option is on the sand maybe/sorta as a center piece. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

What lighting do you have on the tank? We had our bubble under
    floresents for a while and then under VHO in a 55g before we moved him
    to the 125 and added 175w MH to the VHO. Mr Bubble is just off
    the bottom and under the MH. In both tanks he was close to the bottom
    except when we first rescued him and needed all the help he could get!.
    Good luck ! #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
    sarah
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!!!

My son and I took this pic of Mr Bubble at night... Is this what your
    bubble looks like? If so all is good he is just having dinner! lol

nightbubbles5a - Bubble coral

sarah (and 630ff)

CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#okay.....you have gone and done it....here I go again...I guess I will go get wet and move my bubble away from the flow. It's aparently his issue as every where he is not getting direct flow is big and full..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for all the info all!!!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

:-D
    not a problem glad to help!! That's what we're her for!! lol
    sarah

CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#A name=""#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="COLOR: #00d41c"#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl#ramoth41....#ed_op#FONT color=#0000ff#ed_cl#I moved my bubble and added a few softies since I was getting wet anyway#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="COLOR: #00d41c"#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000ff size=2#ed_cl#(my arms on not long enough to rech the bottom) #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.captivereefing.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="COLOR: #00d41c"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000ff size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="COLOR: #00d41c"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000ff size=2#ed_cl#Any how, in less than 24 hours he is really big!!! Even bigger than he was when I originally chose him!!! Now I may have to relocate my cabbage before the have any kind of contact. Any opinions are welcome.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="COLOR: #00d41c"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000ff size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="COLOR: #00d41c"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl#Thanks again, #ed_op#SPAN class=name#ed_cl##ed_op#A name=""#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="COLOR: #00d41c"#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl#ramoth41....#ed_op#F ONT color=#0000ff#ed_cl#I am sure my bubble thanks you too. Now he is the center piece of my tank.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#