[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Chalices~Placement and Flow?

Bookmark and Share
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Chalices~Placement and Flow?

I think I've posted about this just the other day but I'll be damned if I can find it. I have an Awesome and Hollywood stunner chalice.

Tank is 21" deep with 4x24w t5ho. My flow I'm still working on~it's been a PITA for sure.

High or low in tank and high or low for flow?

Oh and they are both LPS right? lol
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

bluwc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Chalices should be placed in low to medium flow. I have t5's and my tank is 24" deep. I have 3 chalices; 2 miami hurricanes and 1 im not sure. One is at the very top (80%) of the tank, one of the hurricane is about 1/2 way up and the other hurricane is on the sandbed. All are in a low to medium low flow area. All are always out feeding and growing like a week. I'm actually really surprised at the growth I've gotten out of them. BTW, I have 2 of the miami hurricanes in anticipation for putting one in my cube and placing one in it!

As far as lps/sps....I'm not sure. I would guess lps but I have seen some places list them as sps....so not really sure on that one?

dlhirst - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Don

Like all Internet info, this should be taken with a grain of salt(water?), but it has proven pretty useful to me - when I can find what I'm looking for:

What Your Coral Needs | Successful Reef Keeping

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by dlhirst View Post
    Like all Internet info, this should be taken with a grain of salt(water?), but it has proven pretty useful to me - when I can find what I'm looking for:

What Your Coral Needs | Successful Reef Keeping
    WOW! Where did you ever find something like this? Thank you so much! I think this should be a sticky sticky
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

I grew a HW Stunner from a frag to a 14" round plate. Tank was VERY well list, and I placed the HWS in a manner to get indirect light, lower in the tank, with medium flow. Very happy coral!
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/