[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Dead Pieces

Bookmark and Share
    Kenny_Graham - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Dead Pieces

I have a couple of corals with dead arms or should I say frags on them.
    Do I cut them off or leave them alone?? Whatcha think??
    Kenny G

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

with a question like this Kenny, a picture and type of coral would really help !! lol

RWalston - Reefkeeper CR Member

Not only a picture but the type of coral in question

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

I have a feeling that these are probably the frags that I sent home with Kenny when they visited us here in Wisconsin. The coral could be button polyps, or some already establish beautiful Green People Eaters, some colt coral, and some little orange zoas on their own rock. Often if I have coral that appears to be dead, I will just put the rock it's on in the area of flow & light, and have faith in the fact that it only takes 1 live cell to regenerate that coral again. I have given up on dead coral, and to my surprise noticed in my tank that they started again. Remember, your talking to the lady a 180g tank loaded with coral. If I didn't trust that theory, I wouldn't have any coral at all left, but I managed to save maybe 10 pieces or so. Your clean up crew will do a great job on the dead things in the tank, hense the clean up crew name! If they are leaving it alone, it either tastes real yukie or they sense some life still there. Last I knew, you needed to boost your clean up crew. Did you get some more to add to the 5 hermits yet? The last parameters were still looking rough too Kenny. You need to do a water change a week (about 8 gallons). When you see those parameters reading correctly or even close, you can start adding just fresh RODI water to top off the tank for evaporation. You need to keep an eye on your specific gravity though and keep your salt water where it should be. Also, no matter what the box says, you don't need to test your water day and night for comparisons. Good luck!
    ...Angel :angel1:
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

Kenny_Graham - Reefkeeper CR Member

Talking Dead Coral Pieces

:o Yes Bobby I thought of that after I posted.

Hi Angel,

No it wasn't any of your frags and tonight al but 1 likes alot better. I seem to be looseing my "Frogspawn Coral". I have doubled my Blue leg crabs and added some Zebra Snails. My gravity is 1.023 now. Angel I also changed the hours of lighting as we discussed before.

I have always had problem with Frogspawns and Bubble Corals.
    Kenny G