[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

frags arrived today

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default frags arrived today

Came home from work today to a sump full of bags.I was only expecting to get a few corals in trade but he decided to fill the cooler up with a bunch of SPS/LPS frags.In the bags were Stylophora(yellow and green),Stylophora(pink)blue slimer Acro,green Acro millepora,blue polyp Acro,branching Montipora sp.,plating Montipora,birds nest,Psammocora,purple Echinopora,and pink and green Echinophyllia.Looks like i'm gonna be busy glueing corals for a while. :D

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Dang it, I just ran to check our sump, no frag fairy visiting us today

Sounds like you hit the jackpot, get those guys mounted so you can show them off!
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Been glueing them all night,most are looking good enough to photo but some of the Acro's look a bit beat up from the shipping process.I'm gonna try to get some pics this weeked.So far,my favorite is the green A.millepora and the pink and green Echinophyllia.The color on the Echino is stunning.

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Wow....who was your frag fairy? Someone from CR? You have so many great frag connections. Hey, last night, our daughter told us that her class stumbled across Captive Reefing in one of her classes! Her teacher was amazed when Gabbey told her that we own the site, and she showed her our tank pictures. She has told us that her goal is to be a Marine Biologist. You should hear her spout off reasons. No one can tell her its just a fad, cause she'll give them a dose of her reasoning that will leave them speechless! I know it's the speech we've been waiting to hear. I hope she sticks to it as she has all the right ideas!

Oops.... did I take over your thread Dave? Nah.... now back to corals and frags!!
    We've gotten some new beaut's lately, and I've been trying to get them uploaded into my Gallery. I've never put anything in there, so I thought it was time!
    I can't wait to see the pictures of all your new things. Being the skilled fragger that you are, I wish you lived right down the road!! We have a new Purple Finger Leather that is begging to be fragged. It came with 3 separate pieces of stalk where it must of had itself attached in 3 different places to something at one time. As a gardener, it looks so self explanatory. I've noticed that a lot of my perennial gardening resembles reefing. Weird comparison huh, but it's not at all. So much of life in the world mimics other living things. Anyway, I want to frag it, but I'm a little jumpy. I sure would hate to kill it. It is so beautiful and I love the extra color in the tank. The idea of having 3 pieces of that color instead of just one would be awesome. Let me know what you think! Everyone's comments are welcome also!
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

CR Member

I need to echo the question on who your frag partners are. Can I butt in? My frogspawn grows like mad in my tank so I do have something to trade.

Erik

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default To frag or not to frag....... ?

Here's a picture of the Purple Finger Leather that could be fragged into at least 3 different clumps. After you read my long book above this post in the last one, what do you think. Should I? It's only been here since friday the 8th. Should I leave it be for awhile considering it has been though a good amount of shipping to get to the store, and then to us. Looking forward to your comments! ......Angel
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

thats pretty Angel,If i ever setup another tank,its gonna be 100%s soft coral.
    Funny you should compare reefing to gardening,I've made the same comparison myself.
    I traded with a guy off of RC,originally we were supposed to just trade Echinopora frags but at $50 for shipping,might as well make it worth while.
    Maybe the staff here can organize an SPS/LPS frag swap for the fall.

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Congratulations Dave and Angel nothing like getting new goodies
    i just got a new florescent Brain my self.
    Dave cant want to see all your new corals.
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

BUGZME - Reefkeeper Registered User

I wouldn't frag it for a couple of months ! It's gone through enough stress
    THANKS JEFF
    2-45 GALLON FRAG TANKS
    55 SHOW TANK

Quote Originally Posted by ewaitob
    I need to echo the question on who your frag partners are. Can I butt in? My frogspawn grows like mad in my tank so I do have something to trade.

Erik
    I would be willing to work out a trade with you in the future,akthough i've got more than enough Euphyllia spp. in my tank right now,gonna be getting rid of some torch,hammer,and fspawn frags myself..Drop me a PM some time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last