[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Growouts information n why we started them

Bookmark and Share
    steve&mari - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Growouts information n why we started them

Hey everyone just a lil info on what I started with red devil people eaters n cherry charms n now reef keeper n I got a acan one starting.
    There's a lot of super nice corals we all like some of us its zoas n palys others its lps or sps. But this can work for any of em.
    We start a intrest thread to see if we get enough people split cost of the corals n everyone agrees on a grower n size of Frags then we do a thread of the corals in that growout. Keep everyone updated n post pics of the corals as they growout. Everyone gets some nice corals when they are ready. Each person is responsible for shipping cost of finished Frags to them if shipping is needed.
    The purpose of these is to get more interaction with eachother n help us all save alil on the cost of the corals chosen for growouts. Anyone can jump in and start a growout n everyone is welcomed to get in on them. Trying something lil different to help get more action on cr n get to know eachother lil better and bring more good people to cr
    Any questions ask em reef keeper or I will answer them best we can. To let people know I known him awhile from r2r n is a stand up guy been involved in multiple growouts on r2r so has experience in these. Looking to have fun n spread our love of really nice corals we all share while saving lil money which we all never have enough of lol hope this helps explain things lil bit for everyone
    Happy reefin n again feel free to ask questions or jump in on one or start one of corals you like n think others might as well let's have fun n enjoy eachothers company n knowledge while pinching our pennies n stretching our dollars LOL

Big steve

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

We love the grow outs. Always a good deal on hot corals.
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

CR Member

Great right up steve and mari

Sure is a way to save on sweet eye candy for all our tanks n I love the getting people involved with them so we get to know eachother better n will make swaps even more fun n exciting to those in growouts getting their growout Frags at them. Even those not in em can see them and maybe want in on another one sometime. Just something Lil different for all to enjoy on our loved cr

Big steve

Rabidgoose - Reefkeeper Moderator

Awards Yugo Award Photo of the Month

I understand the why...just not sure of the particulars....

1. Are their any guarantees, what happens if the grower loses some or all of the corals?
    2. Will it be grown out until it can be fragged enough to provide everyone in the growout their frag?
    3. About how long do you expect this growout to take before everyone receives their frags?
    4. Have you ever been involved in a completed growout and how did it turn out?

That is just a few questions I have, like I said I might be interested in the future. If you put together some specific rules/guidelines we can stick it somewhere for future reference. Just a thought

chuck
    Last edited by Rabidgoose; 08-10-2011 at 11:38 AM.
    Likes brandeewyne liked this post

bluwc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidgoose View Post
    I understand the why...just not sure of the particulars....

1. Are their any guarantees, what happens if the grower loses some or all of the corals?
    2. Will it be grown out until it can be fragged enough to provide everyone in the growout their frag?
    3. About how long do you expect this growout to take before everyone receives their frags?
    4. Have you ever been involved in a completed growout and how did it turn out?

That is just a few questions I have, like I said I might be interested in the future. If you put together some specific rules/guidelines we can stick it somewhere for future reference. Just a thought

chuck
    I'm not sure about all acans, but I know the one acan I have had has had 2 polyps on it since Feb. It now has 3 polyps.....and it's been over a 1/2yr.
    Last edited by Rabidgoose; 08-10-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling in Quote

CR Member

Bluwc did u ever fead them mysis or dose anthing?

I've got 6 new heads since January swap on my acid drop acan from cherry corals. I've known people in growouts that love em n has worked out good. They all got their chalice Frags n kept the original Frags growing n keep fragging them n sell them as a group n use money they make to fund new corals to growout as a group. Also seen where something is lost n lotta times grower adds something good to replace lost coral. Then there's some corals that are new n nobody knows if they will make it or how they grow so its better to lose 50 on a polyp then 300 using the red devil people eaters as example. But outta the growouts I've read n watched seems 95% of time all goes well n everyone is happy. I know I will always do everything I can to keep people happy n have some nice stuff to replace a polyp or acan if needed. Nobody can say a in stone time as corals grow different and settle in different but with proper care n feeding most grow well. If people want i can post links to multiple growouts for people to read n see more of them in action.

Big Steve

CR Member

This seems like a really good idea to minimize risk on some of the high end corals. I am definitely interested in participating in something like this. Let me know if you still need people and the details if you could.

Well let's put this by the others for info n questions these are group and everyone has say in how each their in goes as grower size of delivered Frags ect. Only works if we all agree n interact chat ect

Big Steve