[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Reef Nutrition.....which ONE

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Default Reef Nutrition.....which ONE

Curious to hear what people think is the the most beneficial one or two recipes of Reef Nutrition for broadcast feeding in our reefs and why?
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

CR Member
    First Name
    Craig

I have been using Oyster Feast and I like it. Even my fish will chase and eat it when I put it in. Corals seem to be growing nice and I usually see polyps extend out when I feed it.

Also the tiger pods are awesome. Unlike the DT's stuff you can actually see the little red guys and I got a huge explosions of pods in my refugium after using it. When I used DT's pods (I used two jars of it) I never saw much growth in my pod population.

I have yet to use any of the other formulas but probably will try them out soon.
    22g and 50g tanks

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

i use oyster feast and love it! i hear tiger pods are good and also their phytofeast i think they call it.

but for sure oyster feast on top of anything!!! my coral love it!

i used the trigger pods and pythofeast yesterday both top on the line and the oster feast is good stuff too all were good buys

MyNemesis - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    John
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner - Fishbowl Drawing #3 MCES 2012 ($25 Reef Paradise Gift Certificate)

Oyster feast, without a doubt. I feed the fish a little, spot feed the corals with the dilute mixture of oyster feast, continue to feed fish, and then target feed the corals again with the balance of the oyster feast. Some foods work well with particular corals; this one appears to work for all. The feeding response from the corals is outstanding! Everything opens right up. I think it is small enough to be beneficial to all corals and I don't mind spending the money on it at all. It lasts for quite a while if you only feed once a week or so. While I think all of their products are high quality, and each has its purpose, I believe the Oyster feast to be the most useful overall.

fawkes - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

I will add a vote for Oyster Feast. I also use Phyto feast and Arcti pods - the latter is probably better for fish and corals that can take bigger pieces. I threw a fairly small frag of War Coral on a magnetic rack in the spring - and it has covered the plug and is growing on the rack. All under PC lamps. Other easy growing corals respond similarly. I am sure it is a combination of things, but it is certainly rewarding.

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

reefer rob you should do a poll in the post with all of their products then you can choose from the top 1 or 2

Quote Originally Posted by bobilo View Post
    ...also the tiger pods are awesome. Unlike the DT's stuff you can actually see the little red guys and I got a huge explosions of pods in my refugium after using it. When I used DT's pods (I used two jars of it) I never saw much growth in my pod population...
    bobilo, are the DT Pods the ones that are sold in an egg format, that supposedly hatch in your tank? Or is that another product? Not to get off-topic, but Tom at Fish Doctors Ypsi was talking about such a product this summer when I was there for a visit.

btw, a +1 for Oyster...
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

fishdoc1 - Reefkeeper CR Sponsor
    First Name
    Tom

Reef Bugs by Marc Weiss are the eggs that hatch.

Reef Nutrition makes lots of good products, including the new Mysis Feast, Oyster eggs, Tigger Pods, etc.

CR Member
    First Name
    Craig

PJR, it was the DT's Live Marine Copepods. To even see anything you have to shine a flashlight in the jar. I do not believe they are eggs but maybe they produce eggs in the jar? Anyway the Tigger pods you can actually see and maybe a month later I looked in my refugium and there was pods everywhere!
    22g and 50g tanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last