[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

trying to save plates

Bookmark and Share
    bigbill - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bill
    Awards Grow Out King - 2011 Grow Out Contest Photo of the Month MBI Participant

Default trying to save plates

well as some of u no i like to take things that are dieing our all most dead and try to save them i now have a short tentacle plate it has 3/4 of its body left and a full mouth still. so other then making sure it stays clean and don't get algae staring on the dead part can i cut the old tissue away like i would a sps our softy all so what kind of flow as i no heavy flow will keep the algae from starting but with it being a soft tissue i don't want to rip any more tissue. any little tricks would help me as this is a very sweet plate i would luv to save. pic will come tom for better our worse
    I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
    Steve Irwin
    mbisite.org/mbi_sig.aspx?u=bigbill&img=2

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Take it to the saw it will be fine. I've seen plenty live.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

First Name
    Bill

ty sir
    I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
    Steve Irwin

Jarred1 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Feeding it wouldn't hurt either.
    "It happens, and as long as the clowns out there keep paying top dollar, they will stay top dollar. Just a way of life, imagine how much cheaper a Tahoe or Yukon would cost if the word 'bling' was never invented..."

First Name
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred1 View Post
    Feeding it wouldn't hurt either.
    yea i tryed to day but wont extend the tentacles going to turn off the flow and set a few mysis on it for a while see if i get a response but would u cut it to ?
    Steve Irwin

Jarred1 - Reefkeeper CR Member

I have a plate that has the same problem as yours and I didn't cut mine, it began to regrow over the old skeleton and then it got in a fight with another coral and it began to recede at the same spot it was hurt at.
    "It happens, and as long as the clowns out there keep paying top dollar, they will stay top dollar. Just a way of life, imagine how much cheaper a Tahoe or Yukon would cost if the word 'bling' was never invented..."

First Name
    Bill

ahh ok i will let it go before i cut it what do u feed yours i dose trace elements heard they like that plus meaty food
    i been dosing the TE any helpful hints would be great
    Steve Irwin