[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

FREE!!!!

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default FREE!!!!

Out of the dismal task of getting my nitrates back in check and ridding my tank of hair algae, I've managed to catch my pair of Clarkii Clowns. (I had to take out the rock to scrub it) They are free to whoever wants them. They breed like crazy and have been together for a long time. At least once a month my tank gets free food (baby clown fish).
    They readily go into just about any anemone. (I was holding a few different anemones about 6 mos. ago for a friend and they went into all of them) I'm keeping the anemone they currently live in because I like it and because I nursed it back to health from a bleached out white blob to what it is now.

They are in the sump for now. I thought about putting them in the hospital tank but since that is only 10gal, and they are pretty big, I didn't think they would be happy there. At least the sump is 40 gallons.

If nobody wants them I will give them to the LFS. Hubby says flush them, but I just can't do that, lol. I don't have it in me to kill them just because they are doing what comes naturally to them. ( even though they are mean and bite me every time I put a finger in the tank.)

I'd like to get rid of them asap since the sump is not a good place for them either.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

I got a 180 gal tank freshly cycled that can use a couple fish!
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

They are yours then, lol. I will call Susan and find out when is a good time for me to drop them off. It will have to be after Tuesday. I'm out the door here in about an hour. I have to take my youngest to yet another Dr. appt. I won't be back long enough to do anything till after Wednesday morning. Sound ok?

Thanks for taking them. I can bring the mushroom rock I promised to Susan at the same time.

Angie

Dakar beat me to the punch...heh heh

If they dont work out for the 180 with the anenomne and all, please consider me a close second? No-one in my tank to eat baby clowns.....lol
    GT

First Name
    Dave

Should be just fine. I'm sure we can find a nice anenome or two for them.

Thanks!
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Angie1123,How long have you owned your clown pair?How long did it take before they started spawning?
    Congradulations,Dakar,I'm sure you'll provide a great home for them.I love clowns,I've been saturation feeding my tomtato clown pair in hopes that they start to spawn.They've been paired up for 1.5yrs and the female is 2.5 so i figure they ought to be spawning soon.

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

My Clarkii and I had a little talk about biting me, and I think we reached a pretty good agreement. One bite per tank cleaning and that's ONLY when I get to close to his Sebae! All the fish are in qt right now due to losing my two newest babes to ich.
    My Auriga Butterfly - Audry was wild and wooly when she came here. She was a coral eater and Dave wanted to ban her from the tank. I worked with her daily and taught her feeding times with her special food. She'd sit 2" away from the baster and wait for me to squeeze out a bite or two for her. She totally tamed down, didn't eat anymore coral, and I did this 3 times a day.... and I didn't mind. It was relaxing. Flushing her was sad, and it was probably the 1st time I cried over one of my fishies. This morning, Dory joined her too. We are no longer buying fish from that LFS. Every fish we've ever gotten there has died. Frustrating!!
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

Default .

I've had the female for close to 2 years I think. The male was bought later and I've had him about a year.
    When I first put the male in the tank she beat the snot out of him for about a week. She chased him so much I thought he'd die of a heart attack. I tried to get him out but couldn't because of all of the rock. Then on day 8 when the lights came on, they were both in the anemone. 1 month later there were eggs. So far they have had 6 batches of eggs that I have seen. I think there were more but I can't see the back of the rock that they lay them on. They switch eggs laying spots between the front of the rock and the back of the rock. The only reason i know for sure that they occasionally lay on the back side of the rock is I can see them fanning constantly back there. Plus the male NEVER leaves the eggs if I'm near the tank.
    So if I don't see the male for a few hours, I stick my head inside the canopy ( not recommended, MH lights are hot on the head, lol) and look down behind the rocks. He's usually there fanning away. Good dad.

I just want to warn ya Dakar. She is nasty. You can not chase her away. she will attack the net or anything you use to block her path to your hand. She constantly attacks the magfloat when I clean the glass. Even if I'm no where near the anemone.

She is the biggest fish in the tank and always has been.

Now that they are out of the tank, the rest of the fish are sooo happy. I'll post more on that in the other topic threads.

Susan,

I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry about your losses. I too have cried over a fish. I hope you and Dave don't loose anymore. Knock on wood I've never had ick in my marine tank, only in freshwater. But I did have the brook when I bought a pair of True perculas. They did not make it. There was a 100.00 down the toilet. I use a QT tank now. How do you treat ick in a marine tank?

Good luck to you guys in getting it under control.

First Name
    Dave

Well them two will have the run of the 180, so if they want to spawn more power to 'em, nothing else in there to bother them short of a few snails. What kind of anenome did they set up house in before? Maybe I can find something similar that "SHE" will be happy with until the tank matures enough to support an anenome.

All fish were removed from the display tank (55) so the parasites will just die off with no hosts, meanwhile the survivors are in a 29G going through a slow progression of hyposalinity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last