[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

~50lbs of Live Sand looking for a home

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default ~50lbs of Live Sand looking for a home

We are breaking down our 55 today, moving everything over to the 180, amongst other reasons it's just silly to keep them both going right now. She's got about a 3" sandbed thats been seeded a few times over the last 6 months or so, so it's pretty lively.... anyone in the area needing some to seed a fuge or another tank? Just keeping enough to re-seed the big tank again and adding a second fuge. But still going to have way too much. All southdown sand.

Given the temp outside local pickup or delivery only, I'll do what I can to keep it as alive as possible for as long as I can, first come first served.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

I would like to get some to cross seed my tank, say a pound. What do you think? I would be more than happy to cover the cost. How do you think it would do in shipping? Maybe a thermos?

First Name
    Dave

No idea how it would fare shipping, we can try it, although the temps dropped to like 25 here last night, I would imagine it can't be too much warmer over there.....
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

myna's probable not much better thin whit you have need to get some donations next meeting we have.
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

More like in the high 30's here but cold either way. I kind of figure that mail is inside or in a vehicle most of the time. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Let me know on shipping. I looked and 2 pounds, Priority mail is about $6.00.

Buiryn - Reefkeeper Registered User

Default Re: ~50lbs of Live Sand looking for a home

Quote Originally Posted by dakar
    We are breaking down our 55 today, moving everything over to the 180, amongst other reasons it's just silly to keep them both going right now. She's got about a 3" sandbed thats been seeded a few times over the last 6 months or so, so it's pretty lively.... anyone in the area needing some to seed a fuge or another tank? Just keeping enough to re-seed the big tank again and adding a second fuge. But still going to have way too much. All southdown sand.

Given the temp outside local pickup or delivery only, I'll do what I can to keep it as alive as possible for as long as I can, first come first served.
    There's someone on the MARS site looking for live sand.
    This space intentionally left blank!

First Name
    Dave

Buiryn - Haven't had the time to check the MRS board in quite a while. Good to see some fresh posts up there. Thanks, might actually be able to unload a bunch of it, I know SirPat needs to seed his new 75 and sump as well...

Whoyah - YGM

Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

I'll take what ever you have left. I'm setting up a gravity fed ref. that I need sand for.

First Name
    Dave

Done deal

Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

Never mind Dakar, I'm working OT so I can't get any time to come pick it up. I just found out that I could work some extra hours and I need the $ more than I need the sand right now. Sorry if I messed anything up.

Thanks anyways,
    Angie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last