[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

FREE!!!!

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Thanks Angie! Our other fish our doing pretty good. I'm sure they are bored in the 30 GL but they are just going to have be patient not that they were exposed to the ich cycle. Bummer!
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

The clowns were in a sebae (H. Crispa) I've had that anemone since the very beginning. Poor thing went threw He** with me. I bought it because it was so "pretty". Snow white with super purple tips. I put it in a 55 G FOWLR under 110w PC lighting, no skimmer, no sump, and a biowheel filter. (I had crushed coral subtrate with an undergravel filter.....can you believe it, lol)

I thought it was doing great because it was so pretty and white. I then found reef central and found out i was doing EVERYTHING wrong. Out came the CC subtrate, UG filter, and the 110 w PC lighting. In went the sand, sump, and skimmer. On went the old 110 w pc lighting with the new 265w Pc lighting. $600 + later and I hated what it did to my "pretty white anemone". It turned all brown and muddy colored. YUCK! :mrgreen:

I was glad the anemone was now Healthy, but i still to this day think it was prettier white.
    That was the first living thing that I've ever seen that (IMO) looked better "dying" than healthy. He he he, that was a hard one to explain to the hubby. His quote " You spent $600+ to make the pretty anemone look like poop?!?!?" Yup I sure did :laughing8:

Since I upgraded to MH it has gotten even darker brown. The more $ I spend on lights, the more it looks like poop. Gotta love poop colored amenones

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

That's the funniest way possible to describe exactly what happened.

More $$ = poop.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Thanks Dakar,

If you spent 1 day in my life right now, you'd understand how much I rely on a good sense of humor. Most days, it's all I've got.

I'm heading to Janesville tomorrow. Can I drop the fishies and the mushrooms off on my way? I'll be driving right down hwy 13 to the dells to the interstate.

let me know. I'll talk to Susan again and see if she'll be home.

Thanks,
    Angie

First Name
    Dave

I can understand all too well..... seems like everything is completely hosed right now.

What time are you heading out? or if you get this before 10:30 or so this evening give us a ring, I know Susan is heading to town at some time during the day.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

First Name
    Dave

Well they seem to be quite happy now... moved right in on our other clarkii's "bestest friend in the whole world", he is really gonna be PO'd when he get's out of the QT. But we did order another sabae (and of course some other stuff), but should be in next week, not sure how this will play out.

Here's a shot of them in the house they sorta repossessed.
    Thanks again Angie!

I'm glad they are happy. Thanks for posting the pic. I knew they'd be happy in a 180. They hogged the 125. Thanks for taking them. Do the mushrooms get super huge in your tank too? I can't believe how much they expand.

Angie

First Name
    Dave

The blue/purple ones you sent along are pretty happy as well, though some decided to go walking about, (don't they all?) but the largest is asolutely huge, and hasn't yet fully expanded, too busy trying out n homes, latest place is his own rock in a back corner, maybe he'll finally stay put there and show off for us.

I have one huge one that gets about 7-8 inches across at times. I paid 30.00 for a rock that had 4 mushrooms on it. Less than a year later, I have fragged at least 20 off of the original rock. I broke the original in half and that is what you got. I kept half and gave the other to you guys. I hope they don't get to be a pest for you like they did for me. Just too many mushrooms of the same color. There is no separating them from everything else cause when they run out of room....they go walking. Good luck with them. They look so blue when they are deflated, but when they blow up, they aren't exactly blue or purple. I guess we're back to the poopy purple / blue/ brown color again

First Name
    Dave

The blue coloring seems to come and go depending on the lighting or maybe its just how they feel at the moment, seem to change throughout the day. That rock was really overloaded, so a couple more bailed now... But I won't have it any other way, we love the all of the shrooms. Now we have the blues, purples, greens, green stripies, and red pimpled ones, the more the better and we have enough room for them now. The reds are finally starting to multiply for us, with any luck we'll have some reds to trade here shortly, other than that the only thing we have a real surplus of are the green stripies, they don't seem to expand and contract, pretty much the same size all the time, but man do they fluoresce, gotta get some hemostat's so we can start trying to thin out the rock they have taken over and start trying to mount them elsewhere for trading. Any colors you are missing/looking for?

Can't wait for the puppies to all be gone so we can dedicate more time to the tanks. Though they have helped with the finances for the reef. Two left to go now, Susan shot downmy idea of offering them up for trade for more corals though... a couple more weeks and that may change... I wish.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last