[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

My fish needs a good home- experienced hobbyists please read

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member

Default My fish needs a good home- experienced hobbyists please read

Type: Free
    Will Ship: No
    Category: Fish
    Subcategory: Other
    Pricing: --
    Price: Free
    I need to find a good home for my 6 year old yellow tang. It's a great fish, very colorful and active. She is not too big, I'd call her size a medium.

I am looking for an experienced hobbyist who has at least a 6 foot tank. the tank also needs to have some sort of cover (glass or screen) to prevent her from jumping out. I want her to go to someone who has taken precautions to prevent an unnecessary death, so things like multiple heaters and a temp controller are a must. I would also like the person to have a QT tank. A generator would also be a big plus. I have taken great care of this fish for so long I would just hate to see her die in something stupid like a heater failure or power outage. She has not been housed with other tangs, so I can't say how she would do with another one in the tank.

I am not asking for any money or trade for her, my only concern is finding this fish a great new home. This was the first fish I purchased 6 years ago when I started, I am only getting rid of her now because I have 2 little kids and can't put the time and effort into the tank that it deserves anymore. All of my other fish went to a friend, but he already had a yellow tang in his tank and we didn't want to risk any fighting.

If you are interested please let me know.

Thanks.

CR Member

Fish is gone, dropped her off at her great new home today