[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

A newer addition - Yellow Headed Jawfish

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default A newer addition - Yellow Headed Jawfish

Was finally able to get a half way decent pic of one of our newest additions. It's taken two weeks or so before it'd come out from under the rock work to be seen for more tan a second or so..... but she's one diggin' critter, it's a wonder she hasn't been squashed from digging holes under everything.

The real colors didn't show up as well as I'd have liked in the pic, very pretty blue from the head back. I'll have to wait her out to get a better shot.

Still trying to get a full pic of the newest critter, my daughter bought a Coral Beauty, very appropriately named, but very camera shy
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Brad524 - Reefkeeper CR Member

was thinking of getting one of these
    how is it doing and did it try to jump at all
    does it have one main hollow or many

how deep is your bed

Brad
    Wanna Trade?

First Name
    Dave

We only have about a 2" sandbed in that tank... she moved all over the place, dug hollows like crazy. She never moved more than a few inches off the bottom..... but alas she has not been seen in a few weeks... but that really doesn't mean too much... she's gone long spells without beeing see for more than a 1/2 a second. Always hope for the best. Made for a really interesting addition to the reef.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

I saw some of these at my LFS. Would love to have one. They were solid white however, too much competition for my pair of Mandarins, and I have a Pod Farm!

Teakie

First Name
    Dave

Unfortunately she's not been seen again since Jan/Feb But I'm sure she'll be replaced again here shortly.... we've got a pretty good sized tank so the competition for food is pretty mild.

BTW Welcome Aboard!!!!!

Thanks, for the welcome.
    BTW, what are pets and buy pearls? I guess I will learn more as I move along here.

Teakie

First Name
    Dave

You earn pearls for each new thread you start, each post, and other events trigger the award... As well the administrators and moderators can award you pearls for random acts of kindness, recognition for something or whatever, additionally other members can donate pearls they have accumilated to any user for any reason they see fit, and likewise you may do the same.

What are they for? You can pruchase a pet from the Virtual Pet Shop, but like anything else it costs to feed and maintain your pet.... alas the never ending cycle. There is an FX (effects shop) where you can pruchase colors titles and other cool effects for your username, title and even buy a new title for someone else (unfortunately some of the cooler effects can only be viewed by Internet Explorer (for now)). The Arcade has close to a 100 games that can be played, currently there is no cost, but that may change in the near future, however you are rewarded pearls for beating the current high scores. Of course the weekly lottery too! Everything can be located from the nifty pull out navigation bar over there
    <-----------------

As if this weren't enough already, there are still more things to come, I'm working on a reward system for users that chose to start and maintain a blog on the site now.

Dakar ~

Thanks for the info. That's pretty cool. Can you post pics in your sig and stuff like that. I'm a Mandarin fanatic and have a Web site I created because so many people 'notify' me about raising Mandarins and Pod Farms.
    Here's my Web site, if you care to check it out!
    http://home.alltel.net/teakiebarber/

I love the display on this site.

Teakie

First Name
    Dave

Thanks for the info. That's pretty cool. Can you post pics in your sig and stuff like that.
    Sure can, just edit it into your signature in your Profile.

I'm a Mandarin fanatic and have a Web site I created because so many people 'notify' me about raising Mandarins and Pod Farms.
    Here's my Web site, if you care to check it out!
    http://home.alltel.net/teakiebarber/
    Good info! We love our Fox coral as well.... she's getting just HUGE :D Feel free to republish your Pod Farming info and stuff here, I'm sure our members would enjoy reading it as well..if you want to that is....

I love the display on this site.
    Thanks, but those words are for Reef_Angel and Reptoreef, they helped with the aesthetics, and layout, it seems I don't own any of that creative stuff.

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like jaw fish, But im not to shure if Im going to get one, I like the way that there just a little archetect. But ive been told that they have a tendancy to jump is this at a high likley hood? thanks for the help#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last