[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

anthias not eating

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

Default anthias not eating

I recently added a male and female anthias (paired). they have been pretty shy, but have been slowly coming out more and more. They still go and hide when I come to the tank. My question is I haven't seen them eat yet. They don't look bad like they are loosing weight but I haven't seen them eat. I feed everyone in my tank the green stuff from Trop that they make...my mandarin even eats it. To try to get them to eat I've been adding live brine shrimp when I feed...just a little bit but I haven't seen them eat those either. Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do?

Thanks everyone

redemer123 - Reefkeeper
    Graphic Designer

First Name
    Andrew

be patient
    It takes a long long time to build a coral reef. Step by step the reefs survive on partnerships. And the most important partners are you and I.

CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

Quote Originally Posted by redemer123 View Post
    be patient
    It's been about a week...just keep doing what I'm doing? Should I keep using the brine?

redemer123 - Reefkeeper
    Graphic Designer

First Name
    Andrew

what kind of anthias
    It takes a long long time to build a coral reef. Step by step the reefs survive on partnerships. And the most important partners are you and I.

CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

what kind of anthias

They are Lyretail

redemer123 - Reefkeeper
    Graphic Designer

First Name
    Andrew

evidently they have undergone or currently are undergoing some form of stress, how did you acclimate them? were they QT'd? are they being bullied?

CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

evidently they have undergone or currently are undergoing some form of stress, how did you acclimate them? were they QT'd? are they being bullied?
    I floated them in the bag for around 3 hours added a little water every 15-20 min. They don't appear to be being bullied.

redemer123 - Reefkeeper
    Graphic Designer

First Name
    Andrew

For future reference the best way to acclimate a fish is to drip them, use a piece of surgical tubing and and let water drip into a bucket slowly such as drip..drip..drip..drip for at least two hours, this will minimize and stress. Do you have any pictures? do the fish appear ok visually? check for damaged mouths

CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

For future reference the best way to acclimate a fish is to drip them, use a piece of surgical tubing and and let water drip into a bucket slowly such as drip..drip..drip..drip for at least two hours, this will minimize and stress. Do you have any pictures? do the fish appear ok visually? check for damaged mouths
    What I've been doing for acclimating my fish so far is I float the bag for about 15 min's so the temps are the same. Then I take a shot glass and I take a shot out and then add a shot. I do that ever 15-20 min's for about 2-3 hours. I will get a surgical tube for next time. As far as the fish they appear fine. No damage anywhere they just seem shy, and I haven't seen them eat. There bellies don't appear to be sunken in. I just would like to see them eat to make sure they are doing ok.

CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

I just got arctic pod's and the male immediately starting eating them! The female hasn't yet but it's also seems kind of late. So I'm going to add the pods and then add the food that I feed all the other fish and hope that they start eating the green stuff as well. But one has started eating, hoping the female will start eating tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last