[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

bangai cardinal

Bookmark and Share

Default bangai cardinal

I recently purchased a bangai cardinal and a peppermint shrimp for my 20gal hex. I already had a yellow clown goby and a Blackmouth Bicolor Chromis. The cardinal never left the bottom of the tank (almost touching the sand). He never ate or explored the rockwork. I once saw him float to the top of the tank and stare out for a few minutes, so i tested the water quality to make sure I wasnt suffocating him with ammonia or high nitrates and all of my tests came back great. my nitrates were at about 10 and everything else was great. Is it likely that this fish was being harassed by the chromis? I once saw the chromis chase the cardinal when he got too close to the rock work. After 3 days the cardinal layed over and died in about 5 minutes. he was among many other cardinals at the LFS and they all looked really healthy. they were all tankbred. what was wrong with this fish?

Similar Topics

1. Breeding bangaii cardinal eggs
    By dputt88 in forum Marine Fish
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 08:22 PM
  2. Reef Aquarium Fish Banggai Cardinal Fish
    By skuttduck in forum Marine Fish
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 08:21 PM
  3. Reef Livestock Looking for a PJ Cardinal
    By BeakerBob in forum Want to Buy
    Replies: 6