[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Clown compatibility question

Bookmark and Share
    Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Default Clown compatibility question

I'm thinking about adding a young pair of ORA orange skunk clowns to my 75 gallon. I'm wondering if my large female occy will be too aggressive toward them. What does everyone think, good idea or bad?

Tom

slapshot - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Photo of the Month - May 2012 Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Default Clown compatibility question

Depends. If they have a place where they can live and not see each other it might work. I have two pairs in my my tank but they can't see each other. They each stay on the opposite side of the tank. But as always, it depends in the fish.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Thanks for the reply. Not seeing each other is something I has not thought about. The scape is pretty open so I'm not sure if that's possible. Are your clowns all the same species? That might make a difference.

Also, the new skunks would be much smaller than the occy, which I would think would lessen aggression... may be?

Tom

slapshot - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Photo of the Month - May 2012 Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

No, one is a pair of mean and I mean, mean Maroons and a pair of Occellaris. They both lay eggs. They have taken up residency on each side of the tank and with my center structure they live happily never seeing each other. Another thing is he Maroons have the RBTAs on their side and the occes have a frog spawn they call home so neither wonders around much.

youngtimothy - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tim
    Awards Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

I have a pair of orange occy's (5years) and a pair of black occy's (4months) they all hang out together.