[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Couple Quick Fish Pics From My Sub-Tropical Tank

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

First Name
    Scott

Default Couple Quick Fish Pics From My Sub-Tropical Tank

Had the camera out and grabbed a couple pics of the fish in my 60g sub-tropical NPS tank, tank runs at 69 degrees currently, looking to drop it another degree or two. No chiller in use currently... Enjoy!

All four fish - pair of chaoti leopard wrasses and pair of bandit angels:
    IMG 0364 1 - Couple Quick Fish Pics From My Sub-Tropical Tank

Bandit Angel Pair:
    IMG 0365 1 - Couple Quick Fish Pics From My Sub-Tropical Tank

The Female Chaoti:
    IMG 0369 - Couple Quick Fish Pics From My Sub-Tropical Tank

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Very "Cool" fish!

They seem to be "Chillin"!

First Name
    Scott

Thanks!

I just got a group (6) catalina gobies yesterday that are in QT. I wanted to see how they would do in a colder aquarium. High 60s is on the high side of their natural environment. Hoping for the best with these guys but only time will tell.

Not looking to add many other fish into this tank. Will be a pair of shrimp gobies, pair of basslets and a few ventralis anthias if they acclimate well.

First Name
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by chort55 View Post
    IMG 0365 1 - Couple Quick Fish Pics From My Sub-Tropical Tank

Just wondering if my drool has made it your way yet? lol Stunning fish Scott, I hope the variant holds like it seems to be doing on the little one, they are awesome regardless but thats super sweet. I know you told me about the incomplete bar, but have you ever noticed the tail isnt quite as black as most of the other bandits as well?
    Yup the tail is more of a greyish black. She is pretty wild, time will tell. Worst case I end up with a 'normal' bandit which is just fine in my opinion.

First Name
    Scott

This tank is 36" x 22" x 18" rimless makes it about 60 gallons. Very open aquascaping. It took a while for me to pull the trigger on bandits (years) and finally ended up with a nice pair. The chaoti male I have had for about 5-6 months now, the female about 2 months.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

WOW! Those are beautiful! Could you please explain what is meant by "sub-tropical" I'm a newb

There is nothing like being a REEFER!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

First Name
    Scott

Sub-tropical / cool water tank. This tank currently runs at about 69 degrees and I am hoping to drop it a little more yet. The angels are deep water angels and can not live in 78+ degree water long term. The wrasses are adjusted down to the cooler temps.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by tanglovers View Post
    Sub-tropical / cool water tank. This tank currently runs at about 69 degrees and I am hoping to drop it a little more yet. The angels are deep water angels and can not live in 78+ degree water long term. The wrasses are adjusted down to the cooler temps.
    Then you use a chiller? Where do these fish come from with the cool temp? What else do you have/are getting?
    Hope you don't mind all the questions, I find this very intriguing. Anything new and I wanna know about it

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Where are these angles from originally?

First Name
    Scott

The angels come from Hawaii in deeper water 100+ feet down generally. Tank has a bunch of non-photos like dendros and rhyzos. Eventually it will have a ton of gorgonians when I get the auto feeder hooked up.

As for other fish, I have 6 catalina gobies in QT right now I am hoping do well. Then a couple anthias will be added and a couple basslets.

No chiller is use currently, tank is set up to be extremely low energy use and uses evaporation as cooling.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last