[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Diamond Goby or Dragon Goby?

Bookmark and Share

Default Diamond Goby or Dragon Goby?

We are wanting to get a good sifter for our 90 gallon. We came across some nice, fat dragon gobies. The only diamond gobies we've seen lately have been realy scrawny looking, some of them acting kind of strange too. I would've picked up the dragon goby already, but I've heard that they can make a mess carrying the sand around and dropping it in sometimes inconvenient locations (burying sand-dwelling corals). What do you all think?

I should mention that the Dragon Goby I am referring to is the Amblygobius phalaena, not the Gobioides broussoneti "Violet Goby".

ive been through 2 diamond gobies, both ended bad. The two ive gotten were extremely skittish ... walking by the tank would cause them to freak out sometimes, sho0ting up from the bottom to the top of the tank lightning fast.

first one jumped out of the tank, once i saw it happen, the other ... he wasnt so lucky

put lids on tank

next one sandwiched himself inbetween the powerhead and the glass .. moved powerhead and his corpse floated down ... he was REALLY stuck in there

so my history with the diamonds hasnt been good

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

I had a dragon that was great he was one of my favorites but haven't got a new one for one reason or another

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your input!