[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Failing @ Fish

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I saw the catching of the leopard wrasse at RP first hand...I'm sure that fish had its share of stress with that alone. Not that it could have been done any better, but there was a stressful 10-15 minutes of trying to evade capture. Its not surprising it wan't to lay low for a bit.

What other fish do you have in your tank Dan?

CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    I saw the catching of the leopard wrasse at RP first hand...I'm sure that fish had its share of stress with that alone. Not that it could have been done any better, but there was a stressful 10-15 minutes of trying to evade capture. Its not surprising it wan't to lay low for a bit.

What other fish do you have in your tank Dan?
    Right now, I've got 2 tank bred clowns, an orange spotted watchman goby who isn't coming out as much without his Pistol Shrimp buddy since I returned him for using my plate coral, mushroom, and scoly as door props but is still active, and 1 Bartlett's Anthias. Now, the Leopard Wrasse.

I'll be getting a Labouti's Fairy Wrasse next. I was going to get him along with the Leopard that day, Jim, but Andy wanted to watch him another week or so. I will probably get one-two more fairy wrasse as well.

A Yellow Tang is on my list.

I'm also considering a Swallowtail Angel, and a Powder Blue or Brown tang. Open to other ideas, though.

I wanted a neon dottyback, but Chris said with the Leopard Wrasse to stay away from it. Andy said he thought it might work, but there's never any real recipe for success. I'll probably end up choosing something else, as I like the leopard wrasse more than the dottyback.

That will about do it for me for fish, though. I want just enough fish to have an active/thriving tank without it being too 'busy' or overcrowded.

pinhigh1886 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    John

FWIW I have a Noen Dottyback I purchased from Tropicorium and I have a Leopard Wrasse. I have never seen the Leopard chase it or anything. The Dottybacks seem to hang out in and around the rocks. Mine comes out in the open when I feed but he is smaller and tends to forage around the rock caves.

First Name
    John

I did not know that Dottybacks were somewhat aggessive. Good to know! Mine is small. Maybe 2.0" long. My Leopard Wrasse is at least 4" long so that is probably why no interaction.

If you don't mind me asking what fish do you have Chris? What is your favorite?

First Name
    John

Is your Meleagris Leopard Wrasse a male or a female? I have a female and was wondering about getting a male?

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2