[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Results: who to rehome

Voters
8. Register or Login to Vote
  • Fairy Wrasse

5 62.50%
  • Ebili angel

3 37.50%

fairy wrass vs ebili angel

Bookmark and Share
    tazzy695 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default fairy wrass vs ebili angel

I am trying to think who I should get rid of in my tank before one or the other dies due to aggression to each other

I know the wrasse would be easy to catch since he hangs out front and center all the time but really like his coloring and almost seems to be budding up with the 6line drawing it out into the open more

please help
    I have been reefing from 08-2007 till 5-2011

reef tanks are like wifes you have to give them some attention every now and then

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

First Im kinda surprised that you didn't QT the fish at all or acclimate to the tank and other fish with an acclimation box.

They are really affordable, or you could make one very easily.

Not trying to sound like the "Tang Police" but the situation could have been avoided and a fish.

I mean, who would have thought the Angel and Wrasse would duke it out, but if you had it in an acclimation box you would have been able to observe the aggression and respond accordingly.

Another major problem is going to catch one of these fish in your tank if one needs to me removed.

Good Luck Taz.

Oh, wrasse by the way. Bigger faster and the Angel is a bigger target.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

Default Re: fairy wrass vs ebili angel

as for aclimation it was aclimated for water params in the bucket

for qt i know i am bad and dont have a qt tank and wish i did but have a pita for a wife and wont let me have a second tank at all or for any reason

the angel is actualy about the same size in length i think the aggression which is mostly from the angel is teritorial the wrasse will be easier to catch due to it staying to the corners and top

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

reef tanks are like wifes you have to give them some attention every now and then

well either the wrasse found a good hiding spot last night while I was at work or jumped through the over flow or out the back and I cant find it

either way tank has calmed down but only cause the wrasse is nowhere to be found atm

I am hoping he just found a good hiding spot during lights out and will show up again in a day or two

Default Re: fairy wrass vs ebili angel

all checked no sign of him yet

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

hmmmm still no sign even with a treat being fed today of frozen food

CR Member

Angels > Wrasses

So, what happened in the first place? Were they both new additions at the same time?

no I have had the ebili for about 8 months to a year now beautifull fish and just got the wrasse from a fellow reefer that was redoing their tank and it didn't fit in their plan

well long story short the ebili didn't like the wrasse in the tank and started taking cheap shots at it not sure if it got chased out of the tank via the back or if it went down the over flow and is stuck somewhere in the sump

found the wrasse today and put him back in the tank but should have dropped him in a net to find a new home

he was in the over flow and caused the tank to start to over flow today but by some miracle he is still alive