[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

favorite clown?????

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    BK's Reef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default favorite clown?????

I was just thinking today that it would be sweet to hear everyones favorite type of clown since there's a bazillion different types.
    Ill start off by saying im a Bicinctus clown fan. I have never really wanted a clown pair like i wanted them, love at first sight. Most people think there ugly, i must be wierd
    "reefing sure takes up your money...but it is the best money ive ever spent!"

http://www.captivereefs.com/forum/marine-fish/bks-90-fowlr-8632/
    ^^^90 Fowlr thread

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

I like my Mamma & Pappa Nemos A. Ocellaris
    (but I could be wrong as someone told me today they are too DARK to be Ocellaris)

Also- if I could ever get my hands on a pair:
    Lightning Maroon xoxoxoxo Love these guys!!
    Amphiprion Chrysopterus - the Blue Striped Clownfish... cool looking

Nice post!

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

Occy's can be dark too, especially if fed well and w/ cyclopseez. I think mine is sexy and she is a DARK orange. I love gold stripe maroons but a close other would be aussie blacks but I dont want to raise percs.

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

http://reeftools.com/news/lightning-...pairing-video/ here is a video pic of the Lightning... so pretty!! (but too expensive )

Ok, I looked up Aussie Blacks, And also Sanjay's Black, as it came up in the search,... so it is normal for my Ocellaris to be upper portion dark...lower portion lighter...?.. this is still the Occy I thought I had all this time (lol) - or could it be a different type?

Anyone - pls look at my video and let me know if you are familiar with them, as I want it correct in my binder - - thanks

First Name
    chris

Wow the lightening is neat. I cant be sure about yours then, black on top lighter underneith. I was talking about a dark orange. Yours may be other things but I know percs take longer to show their colors than occy's. My neighbor/friend bought 2 percs and was mad when one turned black,lol. (onyx) The other is a misbar. Beauty is in the eye...her onyx is worth twice what she paid for it but she isnt crazy about it since it isnt her nemo.

Got pics?

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

First Name
    chris

Anemone stings can darken clown skin also. Half and half doesnt really sound occy but maybe?

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Ok- well that gives me something to think of...I will keep trying. Hard to get a good profile pic... but I will try to throw it up on WWM and see what they think as well.

No anemone in the tank.... but that was a good thought, didn't know that about the stings.

I love them no matter what they are, they have been one of the 1st purchases long ago and I will still love them (haha even more once I can figure out how to raise their babies properly)
    But I just want to know for my own records. I see so many "nemos" and they are orange... bright orange... haven't really found a 2-tone like mine in the LFS stores ... so I will google perc and see what comes up... there are soo many that it's become a mission now to see what mine is, lol

And yes, the lightning are soooo cool in my opinion. But out of price range for 2 fish, lol.

I believe the female is a misbar...and the male is a true (not sure true what?) but his stripes go completely around. Her middle bar wraps around but does not connect.

rmalone - Reefkeeper CR Member

I love gold stripe maroons but way to aggressive. Otherwise I would say percs.

taziam10797 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dawnna
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

Onyx clownfish are my favorite!

CR Member
    First Name
    Mike

A couple of my favorites are

Latenzonatus

I don't a pair of these so I don't have a pic.

Tricinctus (unfortunately lost this fish but one of my favorites)
    DSC 0080 3 - favorite clown?????

and Allardi
    DSC 0005 11 - favorite clown?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last