[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Fighting Fire Fish~Oh my!

Bookmark and Share
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Fighting Fire Fish~Oh my!

For almost a year now my 2 firefish have been living in perfect harmony. However for the last week they've begun to tear the crap out of each other. Both of their top fins are now stubs. It started when I introduced a new type of copepods. They used to hide all the time, now they're out all the time just hanging in the higher flow area. Is this food aggression?
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

From my understanding it is tough to keep multiples in small tanks long term. I doubt they will stop fighting at this point.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

OMG! How in the &%$# am I gonna get 1 Fire fish outta my tank? Guess I can only hope that 1 jumps for it whilst I'm sitting here. Otherwise it's a lost cause

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Not chillin at all. 1 is now hanging out in the open all the time-even with the moon lights on he got totally booted out of his cave. Not a chance of using a fish trap with these two. Really bums me out. They were inseparable for so long and now this. But they are both eating good, no fighting then. Weird!

There's nothing like being a Reefer!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Hey maybe Jim will send me one of his flys!! Lmao

There's nothing like being a Reefer!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Update: Well they seemed to have settled their differences No longer going at each other like they once were. Now it's more of a kiss here and a kiss there, but no more fin ripping. My tank is peaceful once again!
    Likes AJ :) liked this post

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Further Update: Well they're at it again. UGH! This time seems worse. 1 (smaller of the two) is now missing his entire top fin and the others top fin is shredded an looking like a feather You would think one or both would take to hiding but noooo they gotta hang out front and center and knock the crap out of each other, while I sit pretty much helpless watching them