[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Im done

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Default Im done

with diamond watchman gobies. This one was #4, less than 24 hours he was in my tank and i find him dried out and crispified behind the stand.

even with a ho0d on my tank, has like a 5 inch tallxlength of tank opening in the back, ehmanaged to jump out

are there any other sand-sifting gobies that arent prone to jumping out of the tank and wasting my $29?

greg97527 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

sounds like something is spooking ur gobies. you don't happen to have a lawnmower blenny do you?

I had a brown bar in my other tank for over a year with no suicides.
    It's all about the reef. :YEAH:

only other fish are 4 chromis and a perc

hermits, snails and a cleaner shrimp are he only other moving critters in the tank

iVgOnMaD - Reefkeeper CR Member

could be the cleaner shrimp is freaking him out when he tries to clean him.
    60g Tank: 10g Fuge/Sump, Current Nova Extreme 4x54w T5HO + 4 LED, Wave2k, 2x Seio M620, Euro-Reef RS5-2 Skimmer, 130 lbs Live Rock, 3" Live Sand, LPS Corals, Zoa's, Saddle Anemone, Pulsating Xenia, GSP, Neon GSP, Purple Shrooms, Crocea Clam, Pair of Ocellaris Clowns, Yellow Tail Damsel, Coral Beauty Angel, Black Sailfin Blenny, Eel (Gymnothorax tile), Coral Banded Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp, Sally Light Foot Crab.

cleaner shrimp was added with the last goby

had a coral banded in there with all the others

iVgOnMaD - Reefkeeper CR Member

what is the temperature of your tank? I have had problems with shrimp and other fish jumping out when my tank gets a little too hot. I guess its their way of naturally jumping out of small water pools that they could have gotten stuck in.
    60g Tank: 10g Fuge/Sump, Current Nova Extreme 4x54w T5HO + 4 LED, Wave2k, 2x Seio M620, Euro-Reef RS5-2 Skimmer, 130 lbs Live Rock, 3" Live Sand, LPS Corals, Zoa's, Saddle Anemone, Pulsating Xenia, GSP, Neon GSP, Purple Shrooms, Crocea Clam, Pair of Ocellaris Clowns, Yellow Tail Damsel, Coral Beauty Angel, Black Sailfin Blenny, Eel (Gymnothorax tile), Coral Banded Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp, Sally Light Foot Crab.

tank stays between 80.2 and 80.7

greg97527 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

i personally run my tank at 75 degrees but the coral banded will be your culprit. They will eat fish, they sneak up on them at night and then grab them and pin them down with their claws so that would scare the goby I'm sure. I was losing fish left and right so I setup a vid camera and caught the little bugger in action.
    It's all about the reef. :YEAH:

well, the coral banded isnt in the tank anymore, I got rid of him a few weeks ago
    as for the temp ... i wtached him off and on for like 9 hours or so after I put him in and he was eating, sifting sand and making himself a little hidey hole and didnt seem disturbed at all

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

you might try pairing him up with a pistol shrimp. that may calm him down a bit.
    fulltankshot 1 - Im done

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last