[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Fingered Dragonet question

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

Default Fingered Dragonet question

I just added a Fingered Dragonet to my 210 aquarium. I have a refugium in my sump, and there are huge amounts of pods in the tank. I may not even have a problem with the fish, but I've noticed the last two days the fish goes up and down the back of the tank near the overflows. She's not going in the live rock or around the rest of the tank. Just up and down the back for the most part. My question is, should I be concerned? Is there anything I should do to get her eating if she's not? I want to try and nip this if there is a problem before it becomes a big one.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Fingered Dragonet question

She might have found a bunch of pods hanging out in that area. I'd give her at least a week or more to settle in. My Scooter did the same thing to a side wall for a couple of days, then just stopped.
    Keep us posted with pic's. I would love to see it! Is it full grown? I've never seen a Dragonet bigger the 5"

Sent from my iPhone 4s via Tapatalk.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    She might have found a bunch of pods hanging out in that area. I'd give her at least a week or more to settle in. My Scooter did the same thing to a side wall for a couple of days, then just stopped.
    Keep us posted with pic's. I would love to see it! Is it full grown? I've never seen a Dragonet bigger the 5"

I've been spot feeding some frozen mysis. Does t really seem to interested. Thanks for the advice. I'll leave it to nature for the next week or so. She's about 4-5 inches and a very cool/pretty fish in a dragonet kind of way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Sweet! If you can get your hands on some I suggest trying the Nutramar Ova. Haven't heard of a Dragonet turning it down yet
    Another option is to take some chaeto out of your fuge and shake it out in your DT.
    Looking forward to all updates on her. Very cool fish. My first time seeing a reefer keeping one

There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Sweet! If you can get your hands on some I suggest trying the Nutramar Ova. Haven't heard of a Dragonet turning it down yet
    Another option is to take some chaeto out of your fuge and shake it out in your DT.
    Looking forward to all updates on her. Very cool fish. My first time seeing a reefer keeping one

I'll give that a try. Thanks

CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

Got her to eat some frozen Misys shrimp! And I'm assuming she eating pods as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

CR Member
    First Name
    Joel

The iPhone takes really bad pictures.