[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Fish dropping like Flys Please help???

Bookmark and Share
    tigersax7 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Fish dropping like Flys Please help???

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hello all,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just a little back ground on the situation we had just move across town to my new house, for the move we did a 50% water change when we set the tank back up to prevent over stressing, about three days after the move my largest false perc started showing this white fuzzy stuff around her mouth, naturaly we isolated her and began researching what it might be we suspect it might have been a fungal infection typicaly caused by shipping stress, unfortunatly thereis no known treatment and she was dead in less then a day despite the treatments we tried.The next was the bicolor blennyit had no out ward sings of the fungus but like the false perc had ovious labbored breathing and was very inactive (proably to lack ofoxygen) it died with in 6 hours.Two days later the other false perc came down with what realy looked like ich but there has never been ich in my tank, he probaly was stressed form having lost his mate, he too was down in less the a day after showing the sympthoms. I have had that clown for about 6months the other for a year and the bicolor for 3 months and never had any problems with illness?I think most of this was related to the move...but now my last two fish a yellow eye tang and a dimond golbie might be gettingit? I hope to heck not but just in case if any one has any Ideawhat the heck this is please help...Curently all test show very lowor0 for Nitrate, nitrite, amonia, Ph=8.2, phosphate are low. Also notethat the corals and my RBTA are doing fine and carying on buisness as usual... Its jsut the fish that are have trouble...if any one can help or offer advice for treatment or preventitive care for the last two fish please do so. thanks #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#tigersax7#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    only the finest in gehto reef technology ~

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well...the other wise healthy lookingtang just died this morning...no sympthoms that we could see....but I have isolated the golbie and have started treating for ich...though I think the clown and the blenny dies from the fungus I think the other clown and the tang may havehad ich, at least thats what it looked like on the little clown , the others dident have any signs of ich...heres hopping I can get the golbie cured.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Wow that's really odd. How long were they 'in transit' between removing them from your tank and putting them back in at the new location?
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#like I said they were in transit just across town...well more like 1.5 miles? it took a total of about 6 hours to move every thing and get it set up again. None of the fish showed any thing was wrong untill about 3 days later after the move. not quite sure whats going on I suspect one of my newer fish (probaly the tang) had ich lying dormant in it... we had her in quarintine for aboutn 2 weeks for observation...no signs though...Im just baffeled by this? I had an ich out break in a fresh water tank when I was younger but man fresh water ich is nothing like this? what ever this is it acts quick! I just heard from my girl friend the golbie is doing well so far he's eating at least I hope he can pull through this... Ill keep you posted.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#tigersax7#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

when fish stress it wil flare the ich back up and makes them more vunerable
    fulltankshot 1 - Fish dropping like Flys Please help???

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I thought it might have been some thing along those lines but that still dosent exsplaine what happened to the fungus infected clown or the blenny? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

I wonder when you moved the tank if you might of stirred somehtng up?????
    fulltankshot 1 - Fish dropping like Flys Please help???

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#could be?...the guy at my LFS said the infection of the clown can be caoused by a cut and that it might have been a bacterial infection but the fish dident respond to eather treatment we tried...#ed_op#IMG src="http://www.captivereefing.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/9.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#