[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Fish fight!!!

Bookmark and Share

Default Fish fight!!!

Damn, 2 blue damsel fish, the healthiest of the bunch got into what looks like a huge brawl.

One is virtually untouched and looks as if hes in command of the tank and the other is destroyed.

Still alive.. hardly as its just hovering in the upper corner of the tank facing up, fins destoyed... body wrecked. Basically everything that was long and flowing-like is torn up to shreds.

The winner is now swimming about all puffed up like he owns the neighborhood.

Whats up with that?!

Limpit - Reefkeeper CR Member

Blue Damsels are an aggressive fish, what happened to you is the reason I no longer keep them.
    I have had them in the past destroy some expensive fish, not any more though.
    Nice to look at and cheap but that is about it.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Now you know why damselfish is like a dirty word around our house. A large school of them is very pretty to look at, but I don't want for any of them. Notoriously territorial and agressive.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

forgive me, for I am only a beginner! lol

I neither have the money nor room for a huge tank.

I am loving those cleaner and blood shrimp though!

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

No forgiveness needed. You learned something today... consider your penance paid in full

I trust you removed the injured fish to avoid any harmful effects... though a tasty snack for other tank inhabitants, but a newer established tank may not be able to deal with the waste load of a decaying fish efficiently enough, best to remove him and avoid the inevitable, or if you have another tank set up to serve as a hospital tank if there is a chance to rescue him relocate him and keep your fingers crossed.

If it's too late we're sorry for your loss, not much more advice I can think of to pass along.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

my bro alread ytook him out.

He could barely swim with all of his fins being torn off.
    By now, he's probably an ice pop in the freezer. He read somewhere about taking the tank water and freezing the fish in it. It's supposed to be more humane