[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

What is one of the colors on a clownfish? (hint there is a clownfish on the CR logo in the top left corner of the page.)

Fish suggestions?


Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    XSiVE - Reefkeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Waterford
    Posts
    576
    First Name
    Ryan
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

    Default Fish suggestions?

    Im looking for some suggestions on new fish that I can buy myself for christmas

    In my 120(4x2x2), I keep mainly SPS corals, a bit of LPS, currently no zoo's or softies in the display.

    My current fish are as follows:
    Blue Throat Trigger
    Tennenti (leiutenant) Tang
    Potter's Angel
    Royal Gramma
    Algae Blenny
    big fat Mandarin dragonet
    6-line wrasse
    two regular firefish


    I have no agression in the tank currently and I'd like to keep it to a minimum. I don't want damsels/chromis, I just sold off a pair of occelaris clownfish as they were getting agressive, so Im not so sure where to go.

    I have been considering a group of chalk bass (5 or so), possibly a pair of Bangai cardinals, or 3-5 pajama cardinals..

    Give me some ideas!

  2. #2
    EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Walled Lake, Michigan
    Posts
    1,030
    Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XSiVE View Post
    Im looking for some suggestions on new fish that I can buy myself for christmas

    In my 120(4x2x2), I keep mainly SPS corals, a bit of LPS, currently no zoo's or softies in the display.

    My current fish are as follows:
    Blue Throat Trigger
    Tennenti (leiutenant) Tang
    Potter's Angel
    Royal Gramma
    Algae Blenny
    big fat Mandarin dragonet
    6-line wrasse
    two regular firefish


    I have no agression in the tank currently and I'd like to keep it to a minimum. I don't want damsels/chromis, I just sold off a pair of occelaris clownfish as they were getting agressive, so Im not so sure where to go.

    I have been considering a group of chalk bass (5 or so), possibly a pair of Bangai cardinals, or 3-5 pajama cardinals..

    Give me some ideas!

    how about like 3-4 anthias?

  3. #3
    XSiVE - Reefkeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Waterford
    Posts
    576
    First Name
    Ryan
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EMUreef View Post
    how about like 3-4 anthias?
    mind getting more specific?

  4. #4
    EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Walled Lake, Michigan
    Posts
    1,030
    Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XSiVE View Post
    mind getting more specific?
    Bartlett anthia's, i saw some at pet connection actually they had like oh 15 of them, they are beautiful fish i like the colors in them, awesome fish IMO

    http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...28&pcatid=1128

  5. #5
    Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UofM territory
    Posts
    7,514
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

    Default

    Some more wrasse!!!

    Kinda like the group of PJ's though too.

  6. #6
    XSiVE - Reefkeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Waterford
    Posts
    576
    First Name
    Ryan
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EMUreef View Post
    Bartlett anthia's, i saw some at pet connection actually they had like oh 15 of them, they are beautiful fish i like the colors in them, awesome fish IMO

    http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...28&pcatid=1128
    Those are pretty, I had discounted anthias because of my poor luck with lyretail in the past, which apparently like a bigger tank but these are better looking albeit a bit more expensive and seem to need a little less space to roam.

    I think I can add them to the list of contenders..

  7. #7
    XSiVE - Reefkeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Waterford
    Posts
    576
    First Name
    Ryan
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Patrick View Post
    Some more wrasse!!!

    Kinda like the group of PJ's though too.
    What kinds of wrasses? I like things that are active(yes i know this goes against the pj cardinal idea but they school so its a little different ) and a lot of the decorative wrasses seem to stay still more than not.

  8. #8
    jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gibraltar
    Posts
    1,980
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

    Default

    school of barred gobies, school of chromis, snowflake eel

  9. #9
    XSiVE - Reefkeeper
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Waterford
    Posts
    576
    First Name
    Ryan
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolson10450 View Post
    school of barred gobies, school of chromis, snowflake eel
    Wouldn't a snowflake eel go om nom nom on my smaller fish & crabs & shrimp that hang out toward the bottom?

  10. #10
    jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gibraltar
    Posts
    1,980
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

    Default

    just depends really. if you buy them small enough when they just switch to saltwater then you should be fine. they are very fun to watch in a reef. ive always wanted one but of course my tank is not big enough lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Similar Topics

  1. Reef Aquarium Fish Suggestions for Fish List. All LPS Tank
    By Tom Toro in forum Marine Fish
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-17-2013, 05:42 PM
  2. Disaster & Prevention Any suggestions?
    By MizTanks in forum Basics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 11:05 AM
  3. Reef Aquarium Fish Need suggestions for new fish
    By Rook in forum Marine Fish
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 10:32 PM
  4. Reef Aquarium Fish Fish suggestions?
    By MizTanks in forum Marine Fish
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-02-2011, 12:10 PM
  5. Reef Aquarium Fish Suggestions for Yellow Fish?
    By dlhirst in forum Marine Fish
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-06-2011, 08:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About CaptiveReefs

    If you are interested in learning about reefkeeping or have a problem with your reef, our reefkeeping community is here to help. Feel free to ask a question or search our site. We have lots of experienced reefkeepers that are willing to provide free reefkeeping advice!

    Besides being a great resource for all levels of reef aquarium hobbyists, CaptiveReefs is a social experience that will enhance your enjoyment of reefkeeping. CaptiveReefs is committed to connecting reefkeepers with the support and information they need to grow beautiful coral reef aquariums.

Information

Connect with Us