[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Good Pick?

Bookmark and Share
    zoo-a-holic - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Good Pick?

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was wondering, i hav 2 percs, and a manderine goby, what would be a good pick for my next fish? THIS IS ONLY A 20 GAL. TANK! It also has to be reef safe and colorful.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

peregrinus - Reefkeeper Registered User

a good rule of thumb is 1 inch of fish per 5 gals for salt water. some sort of gobie or blenny. i would say.
    Quantum mechanics the dreams stuff is made of.

150 started 8/12/06
    57 gal started 8/12/08

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If i did add another goby or blenny, wont mine fight them?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

I would do like a 6 line wrasse or a lawnmower blenny. The lawnmower is not colorfull but what it lacks in color it makes up in personality. the 6 line they are pretty and are small fish and reef safe.
    fulltankshot 1 - Good Pick?

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The 6 line wont out grow my 20??? Nevermind im upgrading to a 90 soon (hopefuly) Also, wont the pic off porcaline crabs?? thats just what i heard#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

First Name
    Greg

no the crab will fine with the 6 line. six line wrasse do not get that big they are an awesome fish for small tanks so are spotted hawkfish too.

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Is he peaceful???#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

First Name
    Greg

6 line wrasse are good tank fish they keep to themselves just swimming around hunting in the nooks and crannys I saw mine the other day take ut a bristle worm that was as long as he was it was kind of funny.

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well, from the sounds of it, he is a good little inhabitant. Maybe i will find me one of those!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

First Name
    Greg

I have one in my 92 gallon and he is only 3 inches max, they do not grow big. they are quite pretty also with the pretty green tail and the red sttriped body. They are a good addition to a tank in my opinion. I have enjoyed mine.