[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

hosting clown

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member

Default hosting clown

Well I have had a perc in my 60 gallon cube for about a year and all of a sudden he has decided to host to my open brain... It just so happens its one of my favorite corals and I'm worried about the clown damaging the soft tissue of the coral. What my question is the fish is my sons who is 4 and not going to except me getting rid of it and the coral is one of my favorite pieces and id hate to see it get hurt and die.

Is there any options anyone can think of to detour the fish from this particular coral or should I take my chances adding a small anemone to my sps dominated tank and add another perc?? any advice would be appreciated. At this point I'm trying to head off any problems before they began.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

I love the look of a nice anemone, but can't stand how they move around. Try a hammer or frogspawn coral. Once used to it the euphylia will not mind.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRob View Post
    I love the look of a nice anemone, but can't stand how they move around. Try a hammer or frogspawn coral. Once used to it the euphylia will not mind.
    Weird enough I have a large frog spawn the entire time about 6" away from where the brain is and the fish never seemed to acknowledge it was even there.. I've had this fish for a year in this tank and it always hung out in a little cove in my rock work, this is brand new behavior for this fish

clownfish - hosting clown

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Wow, ya good luck. That sure is a purty brain too.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

CR Member

Thank you. The colors are unique that's why I don't want it to get terrorized by this fish. I've had this coral for a while I would hate to see something bad happen

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

Could try moving things around, kind of hide the brain a bit and put something you don't mind him hosting in where the brain is??
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????