[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

jungle internal parasite guard ?'s

Bookmark and Share
    Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default jungle internal parasite guard ?'s

I couldn't find this paticular med. I did however find something close. I found parasite clear also by jungle. It is a fizzy tab (tank buddies) but it doesn't say anything about saltwater. Just fresh water. Can it still be used in the QT tank for the ponies? Information from Box instructions.

Parasite Clear: removes both external and internal parasites from tropical fish including protozoans, flukes, internal worms, lice, anchor worms. and flagellates sich as hexamita or spironucleus, associated with hole in the head disease. Also protects against secondary infections.

Active Ingredients: Praziquantel; diflubenzuron; metronidazole; acriflavine

Directions: Remove carbon during use. add 1 tablet to each 10G of water. Note: for soft and/or acid water with low alkalinity, dissolve tablet before adding to tank. Treatment may be repeated up to two times with 48 hours between treatments and a 25% water change. For anchor worms and fish lice treatment may be repeated up to 3 times using once a week with a 25% water change.

Caution: Harmful to crustaceans sich as shrimp and crabs. This product contains a chemical known to the state of California to cause cancer.

I don't want to use it on my sea horses until I know it is safe for them.

Thanks in advance for any help. (wont it be nice when they are healthy again and I can stop posting so many questions? I know I can't wait, lol)

Angie

JustDavidP - Reefkeeper CR Member

Honestly, I don't know much about that product. However, it seems as if it may do more harm than good in a marine application. I'd do more research before using it. If I can get rid of my customers early, I'll do some searching too.

Dave
    ><((((