[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Keeping Mandarins?

Bookmark and Share
Page 14 of 17 First ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... Last
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Well Dilly was itching to get out of the box...and I let him out. Now he's been behind the LR all day. Still hasn't eaten
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Yahoooo!!!!!!! Just fed Dilly some blood worms via the turkey baster and HE ATE!!! Goooooo Dilly you tough lil bugger
    I'm giddy with joy
    Last edited by MizTanks; 07-23-2012 at 09:37 AM.

slapshot - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Photo of the Month - May 2012 Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Sweet!! Now watch out to not over feed the tank. I'm still betting on ammonia poisoning.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

All food is going into the feeding jar. If anything the Nass snails will clean it up. I've suspended it on the back wall to keep the hermits/B worms out of it.
    I'm really not holding out to much hope for Dilly to survive though. He just doesn't eat like he should I've yet to EVER see him pecking at the LR or SB. I put food in the jar, he goes in and hangs out in there but touches nothing. Only time he eats is if I target feed him the blood worms.
    You would think being hungry he would eat-why would he allow himself to starve to death?
    I do know that I will never go through this again. I am not enjoying my tank

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

This is my Tangaroa goby/Pistol shrimp burrow. The Tangaroa has been MIA for 4 days now. The Pistol peeks out every now and again when I drop some pellets in the hole. Dilly must know something's amiss because he's really hanging out around this area. Where once he wouldn't dare as the goby would attack!
    66a67527 - Keeping Mandarins?
    Last edited by MizTanks; 07-24-2012 at 09:31 AM.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Strangest fish ever!! After having sat in the feeding jar for some 20+ minutes (hopefully eating) this is where Dilly has decided to park his butt. FIRST time ever seeing him perch anywhere on the LR. And wouldn't you know it's gotta be about 4" above the Maxi Mini's
    ff11f3fc - Keeping Mandarins?

Here is his feeding jar. I'll be getting some fishing line today in place of the string, or else I'll glue the jar to a big ole mag float.
    136b15b1 - Keeping Mandarins?
    efe7abb2 - Keeping Mandarins?

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Well it is now day 3 with the jar and Dilly touches nothing in it. Oh he goes in it all the time. But just hangs there, eating nothing. I've had to feed him via the turkey baster! Did I create this monster? A fish that won't eat any other way but by target feeding? Will he not get hungry enough to eat the food that's available to him? I've yet to see him striking at pods, anywhere in the tank. He hangs on the back wall like he's looking at something. But there's nothing there that I can see and trust me I'm looking!!!
    I no longer know what to do.......

slapshot - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Photo of the Month - May 2012 Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Well, knowing that he is an ORA fish he probably doesn't know what to do with the pods. He is the opposite of everything we normally get. I would feed him what he eats until he seems to be fat the gently cut back to no feedings.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

UGH!! This is so frustrating! He's so freaking skinny But so active and alert. I don't understand. I bought some PraziPro with hopes of treating him for anything internal but problem with this is, how the **** do I get it inside of him?
    I've treated the entire tank as directed.

demonclownfish - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Chatbox Menace

Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

buy the MINI bloodworms, not the full size and he will eat them with ease. my little baby target loves the mini bloodworms as he doesnt ahve to work as hard to get them down as he does with the big ones

Page 14 of 17 First ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... Last