[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Keeping Mandarins?

Bookmark and Share
Page 13 of 17 First ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

12 weeks today in my tank for Dilly He's doing great! Watched him chase a floating amphipod molt in the flow-way funny I do wish he was a little thicker....
    1419d9d9 - Keeping Mandarins?

Can someone please tell me why Dilly will look fat and healthy one day and skinny the next?
    Last edited by MizTanks; 07-19-2012 at 10:24 PM.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Dilly wouldn't eat today and his fin's look a little funny. The ends look a frayed He been behind the LR all day and when he did come out and I tried to feed him he just ignored it.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

It is now 9:30am and Dilly has finally made an appearance. All his fins look close to normal. But his tail is bad. Even one of my FF was trying to nibble on it. But then left it alone.
    I tried feeding Dilly as I normally do, but he's not taking any. He did nip at it but ate nothing. For now he's just hanging out in the back wall.
    I've put the jar back into the tank. I'll try an keep some Nutramar Ova/Pellets and worms in there throughout the day.
    But the lil narcissus/hermits and bristle worms make this a challenge.
    Please send good vibes our way that Dilly pulls through this very trying time......

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

He's out next to the jar sticking close to the substrate which is unusual for him but not for Mandarins I know.

I'm on my way out to go hit up the local fish market. Wanna see if they have any type of roe. I forgot we even had this market here and it's been here for over 80yrs!!

I'm not expecting anyone to read this. If you do, thanks. Mostly it's keeping me sane by putting it all down into words...

slapshot - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Photo of the Month - May 2012 Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

They should be able to get it for you. The smaller the better. Salmon roe is too big. Herring or other small fish toe is what you need.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

No fish roe/sushi anywhere! Dilly isn't doing very well he never did go into the jar. Second day without eating. His tail is almost gone. Strange but his fins are now fine. I honestly don't think he's going to make it....I'm totally powerless

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

I've isolated Dilly into a hang on breeder box and added a small piece of Nutramar Ova. I couldn't stand watching him clinging to the back wall. He was expending so much energy doing so. At least this way he can rest safely.
    This my thinking anyways....

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Jamie.

slapshot - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Photo of the Month - May 2012 Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you Jamie.
    +1 Me too !!!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Wonderful news!!! Oh man I'm so freaking excited!! Dilly's much much better this morning!! Still in the breeder box but....I put some pellets/Ova in and he wouldn't touch em. So I put some blood worms in. Let them float/moving on the surface and....He's going after them!!! YAHOOOO!! Truly tears of joy here guys!!!
    But this gives me a new dilemma. He cannot live on blood worms alone. I notice he won't touch food that is stationary. Sooo WTH do I do???

Page 13 of 17 First ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... Last