[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Keeping Mandarins?

Bookmark and Share
Page 16 of 17 First ... 6 14 15 16 17 Last
    tazzy695 - Reefkeeper CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    I've read where Tazzy mentioned F3 & F4 so maybe Dilly's had his brains scrambled from inbreeding. Who the **** knows?
    ok miz remind me of what I mention cause I dont recall what F3 and F4 would be
    I have been reefing from 08-2007 till 5-2011

reef tanks are like wifes you have to give them some attention every now and then

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by tazzy695 View Post
    ok miz remind me of what I mention cause I dont recall what F3 and F4 would be
    Something about 3rd/4th generation/eating.

captive bred mandarins available sooN!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Being captive bread by ORA and raised on Nutrama Ova and New Life Spectrum pellets, this is what I'm keeping in the jar. Which she keeps coming back to, going in the jar but touching nothing.
    just out of curiosity I don't recall hearing a reason why you changed foods away from what they were raised on

reef tanks are like wifes you have to give them some attention every now and then

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

I started him with exactly what he was breed/raised on per ORA. Nutramar Ova/NLS Pellets and Hikari Blood worms. They said to use the the jar method. I did all this. He wouldn't eat. Per ORA suggestion I began target feeding him and he took to the blood worms only. He would not eat anything else! He began losing weight. Came down with what I think was fin rot, which only affected his tail.
    Well his tail is growing back but he's no longer eating anything! Won't take the blood worms at all. Wont even come to the baster like he used to. Now all he's doing is laying on the SB. I still try feeding him anyways.
    I've always fed Dilly 3-4x daily. Alternating between the Ova/NLS and b worms. He only ate the worms. It's only been within the last week and per suggestion of ORA that I've been trying chopped plankton.

Ok it sounded like you had stopped feeding the other foods for just blood worms

Honestly I think now would be a wise time to setup the qt tank and try medicating

Also have you tried to talk with ORA again about the issues

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Yes I've spoken with ORA at length. Only advice they've given is to try using the jar. Which I've done again. He won't even go into it any more. He's sick and dying and I feel to take him out now and put him in QT would only rush his demise

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Yes I've spoken with ORA at length. Only advice they've given is to try using the jar. Which I've done again. He won't even go into it any more. He's sick and dying and I feel to take him out now and put him in QT would only rush his demise
    I'm sorry to hear that your mandarin isn't doing well. I have no idea what's going, but I have to agree with Tazzy. You should try treating it. If you move him and he dies at least you did everything you could to help. If the stress of moving him to QT kills him then his suffering will be over.

Tom

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

Dilly died during the night......

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Sorry to hear that Jamie.

You did everything you could. The QT would have been a very very long shot. I don't think mandarins do well with that type of treatment...if he wasn't eating in your display it wouldn't have improved in QT. If there was some disease process occurring, often the treatment can be as rough on fish as the disease...a fish that's not eating and is already compromised in my experience doesn't respond well to medications.

Rabidgoose - Reefkeeper Moderator

Awards Yugo Award Photo of the Month

Sorry Miz.....

Page 16 of 17 First ... 6 14 15 16 17 Last