[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

My firefish is missing

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    tcp316 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Vicki

Quote Originally Posted by chort55 View Post
    From the looks of it I would say that is a Hooded female.... Cirrhilabrus bathyphilus
    I was looking at pictures and thought the same thing. Thanks for helping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Always learning, loving this hobby.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Any sign of the MIA FF?
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

First Name
    Vicki

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Any sign of the MIA FF?
    Yes. He keeps trying to hang at the clowns rock. Hiding under it where the diamond goby dug a tunnel. Hes coming out more and when he stays away they leave him alone. But then he strays over there and dart at him and he dives under again. He was out long enough for me to get pictures this afternoon. I will post tomorrow. I was going to buy another but now im not sure.

The midas came out today fully colired and not stressed at all. He was fun to watch. The fish that tried to puck on him was the pink fairy. He chose a hole in the rock and hung his head out so she chose a hole next to his with her head out. They did that all day yesterday. Silly fish. Now they are friends

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Wow your FF experience sounds very familiar I did get another one thinking they would buddy up? NOT! The older one has the newer one hiding all the time and they've fought to the point that the newer one has very little dorsal fin left
    If I could get one or the other out, without tearing up my tank I would. For now I just let them be. I'm sure if my tank was bigger this wouldn't be an issue.
    Last edited by MizTanks; 12-29-2012 at 12:53 PM.

First Name
    Vicki

Wow your FF experience sounds very familiar I did get another one thinking they would buddy up? NOT! The older one has the newer one hiding all the time and they've fought to the point that the newer on has very little dorsal fin left
    If I could get one or the other out, without tearing up my tank I would. For now I just let them be. I'm side if my tank was bigger this wouldn't be an issue.
    My tank is a 70g cube so I think since I didnt put them in together it may be an issue. 2 ft sq isnt very much space although there is lots of rock with caves

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

70g should be perfect for 2

First Name
    Vicki

70g should be perfect for 2
    Here is the firefish when he was out yesterday. I haven't seen him yet today. The Midas is happy as a lark completely comforatable now. No one is picking on him now either.

DSC 9667 zpsdd7433fc - My firefish is missing

DSC 9684 zpsf93af325 - My firefish is missing

Likes MizTanks liked this post

First Name
    Vicki

Well the firefish comes out now everyday but the clowns only tolerate him for short periods. He is a lot braver but stays close enough to dive back under his rock when need be. As long as he isnt stressed I will let things be.

I want to figure a way to catch my Cardinals. I really want to put shrimp in there and they just think I'm feeding them a tasty snack. Grrrrr

First Name
    Vicki

I took off my canopy and have a mesh screen on top now. My Firefish seems less intimidated and stayed out for 30 minutes last night. This afternoon, he has been out for 2 hours so far. It is like he is not afraid to hang out at the top of the tank now. Before he kept trying to hang out lower and the clowns would go after him. The tang and Midas Blenny are running interference for him this afternoon. Everytime the clowns try to go after the Firefish, they drive them back down to their rock. It's quite comical.

I've never had a firefish before so I didn't realize how timid they were. I was going to buy 2 and didn't. I wish I had. Maybe they would have hung out together. It may be too late now. Don't want more aggression.

Anyone have experience with these fish?

Quote Originally Posted by tcp316 View Post
    Well the firefish comes out now everyday but the clowns only tolerate him for short periods. He is a lot braver but stays close enough to dive back under his rock when need be. As long as he isnt stressed I will let things be.

I want to figure a way to catch my Cardinals. I really want to put shrimp in there and they just think I'm feeding them a tasty snack. Grrrrr

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

For me the worst thing I did was add another after having the one for more then a year. Could be the size of my tank but they do nothing but fight. The newest one always coming out on the worst end. I should have just returned him after his first jump from the tank

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last