[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

My poor Clarkii

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member

Default My poor Clarkii

My Clarkii decided to harass my coral banded shrimp and lost. He has passed on after a long nursing session of a week. The shrimp had gave quite the big lip. My problem is not that I lost my favorite clown but his little body is trapped under some rock work and in a very tight spot. What should I do??? I do not want to disturb my spawning zooantids. Not to mention my anemone has planted himself in a very near spot, as the flow is great in front of a make shift tunnel there. Let me know if there is an easy way to do this without up setting my entire tank. My tang really hates for my hand to come in but my cleaner wrasse loves to clean on my arm and fingers and all.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Is he in a place where a piece of rigid airline can get to him?

If so through some tubing on the end of it and start a siphon then try to 'siphon' him to the end of the rigid line to remove him.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

CR Member

No he is wedge between 3 rock bottoms and the sand on the back side of my reef. Which of course is the side against the wall.

CR Member

Even though I said No I went and tried any way. He is really wedged in there. The current through the tunnel runs the opposite way of my my reach. And I cannot seem to get within an inch of him. I even tried to reach him with glove and thin little claws. No LUCK :pale:

bjpembo - Reefkeeper Registered User

if your tank is usually stable i wouldnt really worry about it too much unless he was just a huge fish. The bacteria and other random critters, especially the cbs will probably eat him within a couple of days.
    BJ

CR Member

Thnx, bjpembo. I have no other choice unless I want to risk taking everything apart. And frankly, this close to vacation I have no intentions. So your reply made me feel so much better!!
    I have another issue maybe someone could help me with (hopefully before I leave but not a must).
    I tried 2 different auto feeders without any luck. Any suggestions or anyone with any recomendations on auto feeders? I only want one for the consistancy of feeding one of my tanks not to mention it is in a spot that is easily forgotten if you are house sitting or pet sitting.
    Thnx, in advance for any positive/negative input. If you know of any negative issues to using them please feel free to state it. Nothing said will offend me--I have no ties to the makers of them

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

I have witnessed my starfish take care of a deceased member of my marine family so i won't worry about it going to waste if i were you
    check this girl out she is a great singer

http://myspace.com/nicolejamesmusic

bjpembo - Reefkeeper Registered User

not sure on the auto feeders i've never used one, i feed my tank once or twice a week, if i remember, and everything's fine. for the feeder i would look for one in the middle of the price range, im sure you dont need the most expensive one but you probably dont want the cheapest either.
    BJ

CR Member

I wasn't concerned with waste just the water levels as I am leaving on vacation and do not wish anyone else trying to level my water! My tank has been very stable and really do not wish for any of the unfortunate occurrences I read about. Maybe it is the choice of how, when and what I added to my tank but what ever the cause I do not wish my luck to change. Especially now!
    I took my over sized star and put it in another tank and now this one sits without out a host star. Though, there are 2 huge shrimps that roam the tank. One of which is the shrimp that inflicted the deadly wound.
    (as I wipe the sweat from my brow).....thnx I feel much better about just leaving my poor and was my favorite clown after his demise in the tank. I checked today and he has nearly disappeared.