[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Pony Corrals

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default Pony Corrals

Quote Originally Posted by JustDavidP
    For what it's worth, I am going to use an XM over my seahorse tank. It will be a "green tank" with no coral, but LR, grasses, and macro. The yellow green should really provide the right spectrum for that application.

D
    Ah I see the the oppottunity for some serious collaboration on pony corrals coming soon
    Though I 'm undecided on lighting, likely going to have to go flourescent since the acryllic won't tolerate the heat.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

JustDavidP - Reefkeeper CR Member

True...

AND... I'm drilling my 12G ViaAqua this weekend. That will be the pony tank. I'm using a 10 gallon sump underneath.

Any ideas for a small, but useful skimmer that can go in a 10 g sump with a return pump. I'm afraid of Seaclones and other junk, but think that remoras, bakpaks, etc. will not hang on a 10G. I also fear that any DECENT skimmer will overskim 20 or so gallons of water.

D
    ><((((

First Name
    Dave

I split our posts off from the lighting thread, as it was obviously going to be a blatent hijack.

I've got a Jebo 180 I picked up, trying to remember from whom, but they are on the cheaper side, but have had it running on a 29g FO tank, actually works pretty good for light skimming, nowhere near the efficiency to strip a small volume of water. It'll fit a 10g tank too. The bakpack's may be a better choice though, i would imageine they are quieter too.

Going to try this without a skimmer and lots and lots of macro's, a llittle LR and sandbed since it'll be very light stocked I'm hoping all that plus weekly water changes will keep it stable enough. I'd hate to have to tear up the walls again to invent a sump for the wall tank. Primary concern is too much water movement returned from a sump.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

I agree..and thanks for the ideas on skimmers.

I want to include a skimmer in my sump because I travel a LOT. Having the skimmer would allow me sleep while in Washington DC, knowing that my water quality (especially with others feedin in my absence) is okay.

Thanks again,

Dave
    ><((((

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Seahorsies!! Yippie!! :)

DaveP.... you're doing Seahorses too? Where are you buying them from etc? II've got to get busy finding my favorite source sites for stock! If you want, lets share ideas, pics and stuff along the way. This is so exciting for me. Once Dave has it in the wall, I'm gonna go wild. This is my dream tank!!! Ooooooohhhh.... Il sounds a little bit like a spazz don't I?? :-D I see $$$ :smt051 out the window, but that's ok!
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Just send it flying my way...he he he
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

Angel, There is another thread that I contributed to here. It has lists of seahorse references online. Go read. Good stuff.

I'm not buying...at least online etc. The Boston area has quite a few folks who breed H. Reidi. I'm hoping to buy/obtain a pair from them. I totally support tank raised ponies!!

Check in with you soonest.

Dave
    ><((((

Ahem....

:mrgreen:
    ><((((

:P
    ><((((

First Name
    Dave

That's mean my friend.... just plain mean

Still cycling here..... We wanted to do a full cycle with new LR. couple more weeks maybe......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last