[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Quick Poll.........

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Exclamation Quick Poll.........

What is the best way to catch the fry???

A net?

A bowl?

What works for the darting little lites? lol

Let me know!

shovelhead91701 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Shawn

put a fake mama inside a net in one corner????????

seriously, you are on your own but since I have a pair I hope will mate I am following your stuff closely! Thanks for documenting it all!
    The days are long and the work is difficult but every night I sleep as a man who has achieved his goals.

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

How small? What type? I guess when cardinals are really young you can actually frighten them to death. I hear alot about siphoning them into a container (clowns ect.)

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Ok- Shawn.... we can learn together.

I got excited, may have missed a note- but I am glad I am taking video's so I can go back. I am hoping each clutch will get easier as I go... not planning on giving up without trying everything I can

Chris- yeah I had also read the siphoning...... but several on facebook have mentioned that it is easier and less stress to just shine a light on the surface, they will swim to the top and you simply take a cup (or bowl) and scoop them out, letting the water and fry move into the cup naturally.

They did not hatch last night.... so I will try again tonight. I originally counted on my calendar either 20/21st, but ..... lol got ahead of myself and got excited when seeing the silver eyes.

CR Member

With most of the egg laying fish, try to move the eggs before they hatch & put them in another tank. For live ones like mouth breeders or seahorses I use a cup & NEVER a net.