[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Reef safe or not??

Bookmark and Share

Default Reef safe or not??

Blue jaw trigger is suppose to be reef safe yes or no or has anyone tried???

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Any trigger is a probability to be a problem, however, blue jaws and nigers are the best and I feel are safe.
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

I was just curious I feel the same way abou ttriggers. I love the fish but the fish may love my corals at tthat is a big **** no in my book =) Was hoping someone had tried one first

klasikb - Reefkeeper CR Member

we have had two blue throat triggers and have never had a problem, except the first one jumped out of the tank during the night They are a great fish.
    Just a girl trying to create a little bit of paradise on earth without killing it.

I've had a niger with no problem.

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You say a Niger Trigger would be ok? Hmm my book says there the best but still not completly safe, But blue jaw I just wouldent want to do, Now for this Niger though, How safe do you figure he would be like % cuz I want one but dont know If I would trust him with my Marine Beta, Sadle Back, Or Yellow tail damsel. Especially with my Corals. Please answer!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

ANY fish is a risk(some more than others) IME, nigers and blue jaws are great(blue jaws are nearly identicle besides some coloring differences... and cost). It's your choice and I can't say whether you will be a statistic or not, but have seen nor heard any of my fellow reefers having a problem with either. Chances are that he will be the one picked on with your current load.

Thanks for the info was very curious but I think I will stay away from them since I have so many coral son the maybe menu =)

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Another good trigger is the crosshatch trigger. I ahve one in my reef and he has never touched anything that I can see. He is not full grown yet, about 7 inches long but thriving and harmless.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#