[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Sailfin Tang

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Default Sailfin Tang

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Under good conditions how long would it take for a Sailfin tang to grow to full size?? Thanks for the help#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

fulltankshot 1 - Sailfin Tang

First Name
    Greg

it depends on what size tank your putting him in I have one in my 92 gallon and he is a monster, he is a very well mannered but I would almost say he is too big for this tank. he is gong to be the first guy that goes into the 500 gallon when I get it done. I wold not recomend putting this fish in anything smaller than a 100 gallon but this is just me talking

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

According to LiveAquaria they can grow to be up to 15" long! I'm with graphixx22 on the minimum tank size... even with a 100, be prepared to find a new home for it when it outgrows the tank. I'm not sure how quickly our sailfin will outgrow our tank.

In any event remember one thing, the larger the fish, the larger the quanity of waste it creates.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

First Name
    Greg

that is for sure, my sail fin poo's bigger than I do. I need to cut down the fiber in his diet :D Really though he is such a beutifull fish and he is really gentle. he and my copperband are like best buddies.

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Personally i don't thank id put a tang of any kind in less then a 75 and that is rely to Small
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default sailfin poo!

my sail fin poo's bigger than I do
    Now that's funny! I'm not sure if we needed to know that about you! I guess poo happens though! :-D Our "Bubbles" was taking her sweet time growing until I ordered a Sail Fin Tang. Now they compete, and Bubbles is starting to grow now! Good ol' Sally keeps him competing for food now, and I think she likes stolen food better than what we graciously feed her. Our tangs are in our 180G so I hope they'll have grow beautifully. I already know that both will keep thriving! .....Angel
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

First Name
    Greg

I agree with you. One of the tanks I have now I got from a guy who really neglected the tank. itis a 92 gallon and right now I have a sailfin, hippo,yellow tangs in it. I cannot bear to get rid of them so I took some of the live rock out to give them more space to swim But to my suprise they are very very well mannered. The hippo will skitz out every now and then but they are never nipping or jousting with their tail barbs at one another. They are all going in my wall project when that finally gets finished.

zoo-a-holic - Reefkeeper CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="90%" align=center border=0#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR#ed_cl# #ed_op#TD#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=genmed#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl#Quote:#ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TD class=quote#ed_cl#my sail fin poo's bigger than I do#ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Looks like you need to cut back on feeding them proons!!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#And Angel, do you have names for all your fish??!!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Are you kidding? The girls have given everything in the tank a name, from coral, shrimp, starts, and fish.... well all fish except the Green Chromis, still got 11 in there, too hard to tell them apart.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last