[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

seahorse foods live

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default seahorse foods live

I found a new place to buy live saltwater feeder shrimp. I was paying 74.50 for 250 live feedershrimp incl. overnight dhl shipping. They were wild caught and I was having problems with them being able to keep them in stock (something about fishermen not bringing them in). I found another place that I can get 1000 saltwater feeder shrimp for 160.00 delivered overnight fedex. They are 100% aquacultured, not wild caught. Here is the link for an ebay auction. The auction lists 2000 but they ARE available in smaller quantities of 1000. If you go lower than that it isn't much cheaper because of the shipping costs. 500 was 130.00 so the best option is the 1000 count package. I hold them in a 40G breeder tank with a regular 55g hang on powerfilter. I feed the feeder shrimp a mix of newly hatched bbs and cyclopeeze and algae flakes. As hard as I have tried I can not get my erectus to eat frozen, so this is the best option for the sea horse who has to have live foods. If anyone knows of a better deal, please let me know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll......A%3AIT&rd=1

Hope this helps someone. It's a godsend for me, feeding live foods is hard on the finances!
    Angie

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Seahorse live foods, pods & other info coming soon!

In addition to what Angie stated below, I am in the process of bringing a wonderful Scientist to the board that can give us a great deal of information on pods, stages of growth, and what types you actually need for whatever it is you'll be feeding in your reef. Her name is Adelaide, and her home on the net is at www.essentiallivefeeds.com, so check out her site in the mean time. I hope she'll be gracing our site soon! I look forward to her making that great decision to be part of Captive Reefing, and believe she'll be an assett to our site! ....Angel :angel1:
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

:smt038 :woohoobig: :whistle:

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

that she will be a great person to add here, good job angel!!!!!!!
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

Default sea horse food order

I made my first order from the company I listed earlier. 1000 live saltwater feeder shrimp for 160.00 incl. FedEx overnight delivery. They only ship on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mine will go out on Tuesday for Wednesday delivery. I will let everyone know how the order turns out. If it turns out well, I will be so happy!! If not I will be bummed and very upset that I listed it here before dealing with them first. The same quantity of shrimp from the other vender I was ordering from would have cost me $ 375.00 wooHoo I will save $215.00 !!! (that's $900.00 a year I will save) That's a nice chunk of change to save. Not to mention I don't have to order every month. I should be good for 4 months at least.

Angie

Here is more information on the shrimp. It is the actual website, not an ebay link
    Mine will be here Wednesday, I will let everyone know how it goes.

http://www.longarmlabs.com/longarmlabs82806_010.htm

Angie

I got the shrimp, sadly they were dead on arrival. They were more like 1/8 of an inch not 1/4 - 1/2. The shrimp are actually from seawater express. They refunded my $ . I have heard great things about seawater express. 100's of people swear by them. I have gotten 3 orders from them, none alive. It may not be their fault. It could be something in the shipping offices between them and me. I just don't order from them anymore. I would not have ordered from them had the shrimp been listed by seawater express. They did offer to reship, but I refused the offer due to the past problems receiving live shipments from them. I am NOT bashing them. I live in boonieville, it could just be shipping issues with my location.....

Angie

JustDavidP - Reefkeeper CR Member

Ouch...

Makes me thank the ocean gods that I have access to as many live feeder shrimp as I can net. Gotta love living within reasonable distance from the ocean.

Dave
    ><((((

I've considered selling my house here in WI and moveing just so I could "net my own feeder shrimp". No.....I'm not addicted to my seahorses, lol.
    Angie

JustDavidP - Reefkeeper CR Member

This is one of the lil' buggers that I catch on Cape Cod. I net them by the thousands. I fill up 10 and 20 gallon tanks at home. They eat anything you put in the tank. I feed a bunch in a 2 1/2 gallon tank, using good quality foods and then feed them to the ponies thereafter.

feedershrimp - seahorse foods live

It's kind of like my kids eating hot dogs. They are just a conduit for the ketchup The shrimp are good as is, but gut packed with boyds pellets soaked in selcon make them mucho yummero and packed with goooood nutrition.

D
    ><((((

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last