[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Suggestions on putting two clowns in a nano

Bookmark and Share
    handlevandal - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jacki
    Awards Nano Contest Winner

Default Suggestions on putting two clowns in a nano

I've got a 29G BioCube that's filled with corals, a clownfish and a dwarf angel. I want to move all of it but the clownfish into a 75G tank and take the gbta's and rbta from that tank (with the much bigger clownfish that hosts the green ones) and move them into the nano. Don't know if it's possible to introduce another clown and the nems to the little clown left in the nano without ending up with a dead fish, and I'm wondering if anyone here has done the same and if so could you share your experience. At least it won't be hard to get one of them out of there if it ends up being ugly.

CR Member
    First Name
    amanda

i had two in my 14 gal and they did fine. i just made sure that i made two areas for them to hide away from each other and made sure to feed enough for them

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I've got two in my biocube 29 right now...but adding paired clowns with another seems like a receipe for a dead clown even in a larger tank.

clown funeral - Suggestions on putting two clowns in a nano

CR Member

How long has the one been alone in the nano? Clowns kept alone turn to female, and once they become female they cannot go back. The larger one certainly has made the switch. Its risky - especially depending on the species. If they're maroons, one will almost certainly die. What type of clowns?

Another option is to get them to pair in the larger tank then move them both.