| || || |
09-17-2010, 11:02 PM
I would say a 50 gallon is sufficient for ONE lawnmower blenny (aka lace blenny/jeweled rock blenny/skipper/algae blenny). I know the bigger the tank the better, but due to my own limitations (student/live with parents/etc), I only have a 20gallon tank. My lawnmower blenny has done fine for the past 1.5 months, when I originally got him to control a filamentous algae problem that I am still having... because he refuses to touch "graze". He isn't showing any signs of stress or anything either, despite only having 20 gallons to live in. He eats like a hog (leaves little lip prints all over the glass) and watches me whenever I am near the tank. This is the reason why I said he really only eats film algae. He "sucks" on the liverock that I have in the tank too... but his feeding only really obvious on the glass when he leaves behind lip marks in the algae film (it looks like little smooch prints!).
| || || |
Last edited by Fishbutt; 09-17-2010 at 11:04 PM.