[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Tell me about Diamond and Golden Headed Sleeper Gobies

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member

Question Tell me about Diamond and Golden Headed Sleeper Gobies

Well, we think it's time to add another fish to our tank. We have the 24G Nano been fish ready for 3 months and we currently have 2 small chromis an electric blue hermit, a halloween hermit and 4 small blueleg hermits, a Skunk Cleaner Shrimp and snails. Do you think it's feasible to get one of the above mentioned gobies?

dsfdbutterfly - Reefkeeper Registered User

AK,

You wouldn't be overstocking your tank with the addition of either one of these fish. The Diamond Gobies are easier to acclimate and keep than the Golden Head Gobies. I have a Pair of Diamond's in my fish only. They are fun to watch clean the sand and they hang out together. I have tried the Golden Head and only had luck with one. They do however fair better in the reef setting. Once acclimated the Diamond Gobies seem more social though.

They would be a good addition to any tank with sand, any gobie that is a sand sifter for that matter is. Diamond gobies are the easiest of the bunch. I think that anyone though could handle the care of a gobie as long as they took the time. Pick the one you like the best.

Angie
    When you make a mistake look for the lesson to be learned and try not to repeat it.

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

i have a golden head sleeper goby and i LOVE him. he just hangs out on the bottom of the tank all the time and sifts the sand. that is a pretty cool sight to see. the way it comes out of his gills is crazy. i did have to move him to another tank though, cuz he was covering my open green brain with sand, and my clam didn't like him much either. just keep an eye on them if you have corals on the sand bed.

heer is a link on all species of gobies this is more directed for scientific research .when i do this search i reference live aquarias scientific nams and all common names they are given some scientific names are not recognized in this comunity. click on each one you find common name for some have multipul names do to its origan scientific and common
    http://filaman.ifm-geomar.de/ComName...SearchList.php

at the bottom of each page there are multipal links of information for each species.live aquaria has the watchman goby at reaching up to 6 inches at maturity. lots of reading but you may enjoy the search as well

CR Member

Thanks for the input! I did discover that the golden head gets to be a foot long! I don't think he'll fit in a 24G very long LOL. I'm looking more closely at the diamond and unleashed suggested that I look at the 2 spot gobie. I'm psyched!