[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Yellow headed Jawfish

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Default Yellow headed Jawfish

Here is my new favorite fish! My Sophia cutely named him Jolly. After spending a couple of days digging and hiding except for when he came out to eat, he settled on this spot. Perfect viewing from my chair!DSCF1470 - Yellow headed JawfishDSCF1504 - Yellow headed JawfishDSCF1517 - Yellow headed JawfishDSCF1480 - Yellow headed JawfishDSCF1500 - Yellow headed Jawfish DSCF1508 - Yellow headed Jawfish
    I love how he reenters his hole too cute!
    My pictures could be better with an slr, but these will do for now hope you enjoy!

rmalone - Reefkeeper CR Member

I love the jawfish also. Make sure that tank is flat sealed though, jawfish will jump, not might jump, they WILL jump so be carefull.

MyNemesis - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    John
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner - Fishbowl Drawing #3 MCES 2012 ($25 Reef Paradise Gift Certificate)

Success! It's great after the jawfish settles in and is properly camped out. It's a very entertaining fish for sure. Of course, there are some drawbacks, like the decision to build a fort somewhere else and every rock in the aquarium moves, corals tumble - usual reef tank stuff. You may want to spread a handful of small shells or rubble near the entrance and watch the engineer go to work, building his home underneath your reef. Enjoy!

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi

It is rigged up kinda ugly for now (screen and strong magnets) but I have ordered one of Jimflies mesh covers so that should keep him in but I hear that they like to look for any holes in your top and go for that so I guess if he's gonna jump, he's gonna jump. It'll make my kids pretty sad too.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Awsome little fish!

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi

So I did a water change yesterday and all that other weekly fun stuff, cleaning pumps, testing levels, stiring up sand, pulling algea etc. The water is always a mess after unill the next morning. Well when the lights came on today the water looked like CRAP. I was freaking out cause I am vodka dosing and using lime water so I thought my chem must have been out of wack somehow. The water was cloudy and lots of white specks everywhere. I took a bunch of samples out and was going to run all my chem tests again just to be safe. Well while I was doing this I noticed a huge pile of sand over by one of the powerheads . . . guess who is building, and by the looks of it has been all night, a new little vacation home! Jolly! I love you but you are an @sshole. . . you couldn't pick a spot to spit sand away from my powerhead .. . come on now! oh well still love him!

cg5071 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    chris

LOL, I am wanting a pair myself. Did he come from Happy Coral?

Support the non-profit Reef Stewardship Foundation with the iSearchiGive.com search engine, donate a penny with EVERY search. Find out more information by following this link to the RSF iSearchiGive.com search program.

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi

Quote Originally Posted by cg5071 View Post
    LOL, I am wanting a pair myself. Did he come from Happy Coral?
    haha funny you should ask cg! Well it is a long story but lets just say the guy there helped me get Jolly, however I bought him at Bluefish in GR. I know this is a fish Happy Coral can get if you want one, or two. Sorry to hear about your fish death in the other thread.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Great story!!!! Last thing that crossed my mind was your goby stirring up the sand! Glad to see it making itself a new home in its new home!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Agree with Sir, great story! One I can definitely relate to-lol.
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last